Journey to The Wall (2nd in Science Fiction)

"Gasping for breath, she lashed out against the freezing water in the pitch black of night."

-_ ✳︎ _- ⌘ -_ ✳︎ _- 

-_ ✳︎ _- -_ ✳︎ _- 

[Italics are me (the interviewer), and bold is caybailey (the interviewee)]

I N T E R V I E W    T O O K    P L A C E :  A P R I L    2 0 1 8

Before I start the interview, how are you? xx

I'm doing very well today, actually! How are you 😄

I'm great thanks! It seems we may be in opposite timezones so would you like me to send all the questions to you for you to answer or to carry on the way we are doing now? xx

Ah yes, actually I'm on Central European Time so maybe that would be better! Thanks again Xx

Sweet! xx

What inspired you to write your story? xx

When I started writing Journey, I was going through a sort of spiritual life change, and found myself open and questioning a lot of things in life that I had really taken for granted in knowing. I always knew that I wanted to write books and as I stumbled through all of the new knowledge I was garnering, the idea of a girl doing the same — yet in a fictitious format — brought me the plot for the Ice Wall Saga.

(That sounds really inspirational! xx)

What do you want readers to get out of your book? xx

I want readers to be excited and amused by the novel, as much as I want them to open their minds to possibilities they've never thought viable before. I want them to understand that critical thinking is one of our most important tools to achieve what we need to from this life, and I want people to see that anyone can go from seclusion, not knowing the truth, to adventuring out of your comfort zone and opening your mind to the possibility that everything is not quite what it seems.