Chapter 3

Natasha and the Captain left Tony and Peter in the conference room as they went to discuss the issue of the key with Director Fury and call in the other Avengers. Peter sat at the table fidgeting with his hands unsure of what to do now. Tony Stark was the owner of Stark Industries, the most prominent producer of enhanced technologies, such as the table/computer they were using now, and more significant, his Iron Man suits.

Tony suddenly stood up, "Well, I'm getting some food. Later kid. "

Peter nodded at the somewhat older man and a few minutes later walked out of the room as well. Peter hadn't been able to explore the Stark building yet and he wanted to see how it compared to the Oscorp building. Peter walked down the pristine hallway and back towards the elevator which he and Coulson had used to get to the conference room.

Peter waited for the elevator to appear and then pushed the button for the lobby floor, deciding that maybe he should get something to eat as well. He leaned against the wall, trying to figure out what he would tell Aunt May and what exactly was he doing here. He was no hero compared to Captain America or no marksman like Hawkeye or even ferociously strong like the Hulk. Sure he could climb buildings and shoot webs from his wrists but did that really make him an Avenger? Peter shook his head, shaking away the questions for a later time. He watched the elevator slowly make its way down to the main floor.

Down on the main floor Peter walked through the huge glass doors that led outside hardly paying attention to the bustling people out and about on the New York City sidewalks. Peter still couldn’t believe that he was going to be apart of the Avengers, he stopped suddenly causing a few annoyed passerby’s to grumble and shove pass him, and slapped his palm to his face. What was he going to tell Aunt May? He could hardly tell her that he was going to join the most elite super hero squad the world has ever seen, he hasn’t even told her he’s Spiderman yet! Peter decided to think more on that late instead he began walking in the opposite way from his apartment he shared with his Aunt and breathed in the energy that flowed from the city.

Peter walked a little more before slowing to a stop once more, something was wrong. He could sense it, something bad was about to happen. He slipped into an alley and quickly slipped on his mask, it could be a false alarm but his gut was telling him otherwise. No sooner than he had swung onto the top of the nearest building using his webs, he heard the first scream. Peter run over to the edge of the building, someone or something was tossing cars into the air, creating burst of flame and water from destroyed cars and fire hydrants. Peter swung in closer to the action and discovered that the thing that was attacking the city, wasn’t just a human gone mad, but a human gone mad with robot appendages. To make things even more interesting the robot-human thing had three-octopus looking arm sprouting from a machine on the person’s back. Peter stepped in front of the monster, “What did those cars ever do to you?”

The robot-man stopped and Peter got a closer look as to what he was dealing with. It was man, who looked to be in his mid-forties, his brown hair was tangled with colorful wires running from the machine on his back. The man was wearing a dark grey suit along with a pair of silver goggles that covered his eyes. The robot-man picked up another empty, thank goodness, car a tossed it in Peter’s general direction, “Spiderman. Just the person I was looking for.”

Peter held up his hands in the air, “If you wanted an autograph all you have to do is ask.”

The robot-man used his metal tentacles and picked up a table from a nearby cafe, throwing it harder at Peter. Using his specially engineered web, Peter flew out of the way of the oncoming table. The robot-man spoke again, “He still wants your blood Spiderman. Just because it didn’t work for him doesn’t mean he still doesn’t want it. And with him leaving his prison he will get what he wants.”