Chapter 9

So here's the next chapter! Yay for updating! Thank you guys so much for continuing to read my stroy and voting! It's honestly the reason why I keep updating! :) Also, as you've noticed Thor has not been in the story at all lately but DO NOT WORRY HE IS COMING. In fact he'll be showing up in one of the next few chapters! Yay:) 

Btw I've started writing a new story, one that doesn't involve the Avengers or Spiderman at all but I would still really appreciate it if you took a look at it! So, thanks again!!! Also, sorry this is such a short chapter all the action will be in the next one!! 

--Hannah 

Steve was starting to get used to the quietness of the tower without Tony cracking jokes no one seemed to find funny but himself. At the moment Steve was sitting on the couch attempting turn the TV on that was in the ‘common’ room of the Avengers. The room itself was basically a home theater, three sofas and a huge television that occupied the whole wall opposite to the window that looked over the Manhattan skyline.

Because Tony likes to make everything complicated the remote, wasn’t a normal remote. No, it had to have 3D holographic capabilities, making it nearly impossible for Steve to control. After a few minutes of attempting to work the remote Steve gave up and set the remote down on the glass coffee table in front of the couch he was sitting on and walked over the window, staring at the New York Skyline wondering where the missing two Avengers could be.

The technician, Cara, had been scanning Oscorp for Tony and Peter’s heat signatures for about an hour now, and everyone else was waiting anxiously for her results. Steve's enhanced eyesight allowed him to scan the miniature people of the New York streets, looking for any resemblance to the blurry men from the video, but of course there were about 8.5 million people that could be any of the kidnappers. The door to the common room slid open, almost silently,  another one of Tony’s installments, and in walked Clint Barton.

“Hey Captain.” Clint greeted.

Steve nodded his head in acknowledgement, in a trance as he continued to scan the streets of New York.

Clint walked up to the window and stood next to Steve, “Have you found them yet? I’m assuming you're looking for them right now.”

Steve broke out of his trance, “Well I need to do something! We haven’t done anything yet to get Tony and Peter back!”

Clint sighed, “We’re working on it. Cara says she’ll have their location any minute now.”

Steve returned to staring out of the huge window, scanning the crowd once again. Clint sighed, realizing that Steve wasn’t in any mood to talk to anyone and began to walk out of the room, “Hey Captain?”

“Yeah?” Steve responded, without taking his eyes off the streets.

“Don’t strain your eyes.”

*************

Harry was there when Peter woke up from his nap later that day.. He was standing outside his cell by the control panel laughing about something with one of the guards that was with him. His back was facing Peter and Tony, but Peter could see his smug look that would be plastered on his face when he turned around to greet the two prisoners.

Tony was still sleeping but Peter jumped up off his uncomfortable bed and stood up facing Harry’s back, preparing himself for whatever was going to be thrown his way. It seemed like hours before Harry finally turned around and saw Peter. A sarcastic smile ‘lit’ up his face as he faced Peter, “Good morning sleeping beauty! I hope you slept well, I personally picked out your beds. Felt like they added some character to the room.”