Chapter 8

His P.O.V.

"Brat, come here. You're going to get hurt." I click my tongue as I watch her fly into the air with her gear. Her blonde luscious locks flow around, gleaming underneath the soft sunlight. Her movements were quick yet elegant. It was as if she herself was flying without any contraption helping her soar. The way she was able to move so freely like that was unbelievable.

I hear her soft giggle as she comes down to the ground soundlessly, landing right in front of me with that same bright and loving smile of hers. I feel my heart fill up with warmth but I hold back the smile that almost let loose. I clear my throat and said, "Come, I want to bring you somewhere."

I make a swift 180 degree turn and start walking without even looking back to see if she was following. It wasn't because I didn't care but it was the fact that she wouldn't choose to not follow me. Sure, it was absolutely annoying at first but I soon grew to enjoy the company that she brought to me.

She isn't annoying like other brats nor is she as stupid as them. She is sweet yet she can be quite harsh when she wanted, talkative but undoubtably entertaining, clumsy yet performs at a top notch skill right next to my own, and she knows how to fight for herself when needed.

She's just an ordinary person yet I place her so highly above the others. But I know I am not the only person who thought this way. Of course, her brother treats her like some sort of goddess-like figure. Other men stare in absolute lust and awe at the blue crystal eyed beauty. Women idolize her and try their best to take a position as her friend. It was as if she is some sort of princess.

"Where are we going this time?" Her soft voice asks behind me. Just the sound of her voice soothes me into a calm state.

"Just follow. Don't ask questions." Even if my words were somewhat curt and harsh, they had a certain softness to it. She was and will be the only brat I will show this side to me.

As time flew since I joined the Survey Corps due to her annoying elder brother, I grew to be quite attached to the girl without even noticing our relationship that was forming.

And in that period of time, I came to realize that I have fallen deeply in love with her.

No matter how many times I denied it, I just couldn't ignore the painful throb of my heart every time I watch as she converses with other guys so kindly and witness countless of guys talking very fondly of her. The way she follows after me did not help at all either. I never seemed to have the time to calm down my feelings since she was always beside me, causing my icy heart to melt even more. I tried to push her away but it was futile for it didn't just hurt me but hurt her as well.

My thoughts came to a halt as did my feet as I found the place where I wanted to take her. It was on top of a small hill surrounded by a grassy plain. On top of the hill was a large tree that had huge leaves which provides the shade I desired during hot days.

"Wow! This place is beautiful! But.... why did you bring me here?" I turn towards the girl and saw the adorable action she would always make when she is confused. Her head was slightly tilted to the right and her cute button nose was scrunched up in distaste as she doesn't really like being in a state of not knowing something.

"I wanted to tell you something," I start off as I go closer to her since she was about 2 feet away from me. I stop right in front of her until she was at arm's reach. Before I could stop myself, I had already pulled her into my chest and hug her body closer to mine.

I feel her petite body stiffen at the sudden act but she quickly calms down and gently return the gesture as her small hands wrap around my waist whilst mine is around her shoulders. I rest my chin on her head as she snuggled closer to my chest.