Chapter 9

Serena's P.O.V.

"How did you know that you were from another world, Serena? You could have been from another period of time but you knew that you are from another world." I stare at the blonde, now taking note that he is the observant type.

After he had told me that he may know a way to help me go back to my world, he was silent for a couple of minutes. I wasn't surprised when he asked me such a question after a short period of silence to sort out his thoughts because Kurapika seemed like a person to observe and calculate his situation before dealing with any sort of obstacle. It made me feel more relaxed knowing that he is reliable.

'When I was unconscious... I heard and saw two people talking to each other whom I hold very dear to me. I knew it was not a dream because they were a bit different. They looked... older. A couple of years older and they were talking about me. I know this may sound absurd but I just know it was real.' I signed and watch his expression to see if he believes me or not.

I did not see a single change on the older male's face which caused me to raise my eyebrow slightly. A feeling inside of me felt as if he was questioning himself on whether or not he should continue to help me now that I sound like a complete nut job.

"I believe you." His calm voice stated and I let out a small sigh of relief. "If that is the case, then there should be some sort of slit in both of our worlds. If you were able to enter this world, then there would have been some sort of disruption between our worlds and what you saw was the slit. We just need to find out whether or not it is true. Hopefully this slit can appear when you are conscious so we can maybe calculate the time in which it appears in order for you to just step into the slit and return to your world."

I took a couple of minutes to take in what Kurapika said. How did I get myself into this situation? Going into another world? How was that even possible?! Yet, here I am, talking to a person from a world completely different from my own. Talking about how a slit was created due to my appearance in his world. This is all crazy! If someone told me about this in the past, I would look at them like they are demented or something.

However, this is now. I need to get back to my family. My friends. And him. I wish I was back and killing off titans side by side with him, saving humanity. Kurapika is smart and I know I can trust him. What he said does sound reasonable and hopefully this slit appears when I am awake so we can study the occurrences and such.

I give a curt nod to the older male and he returns it with a gentle smile.

"In the meantime, how about you explore or maybe tag along with Gon and Killua. I need to settle some important things in which I would not like to involve you with. Being with those two will be more of an adventure than with me." Kurapika said softly. I frowned a bit because I did not expect him to be leaving right after we uncovered a possibility in which leads me back to my world. How was I supposed to calculate and study the phenomenons of this portal thing that Kurapika talks about?

I am usually very good when it comes to books and such but the things we are dealing with here are things that were believed to be myths! I am unable to do this without Kurapika.....

"Do not worry, Serena." I was brought back from my thoughts by his soothing voice. Kurapika reached over to me and grabbed my hand. "Here." I felt him put some sort of object in my hand then he pulled away. I look inside my hand to see a chain with some sort of button connected to it. "It is a necklace. Sorry it isn't some sort of fancy jewelry but it is made out of my Nen so it is harder for it to be destroyed. Knowing Gon and Killua, you may be put in a situation where you will fight. Press that button if you ever see or hear the people from your world."

I look at the necklace and feel the cold metal of the chains. I slip it on then look at Kurapika with a grateful smile. 'Thank you." I signed and he gives a small nod. I did not understand what Nen was but I have time to learn what is it with Gon and Killua. I am sure they know what it is and I would not want to bother Kurapika much longer because he has some business he has to sort out on his own.