Chapter 11

Serena's P.O.V.

"Come on~ Just a little more concentration and it will be perfect." Hisoka drawls lazily as he barely even watches what I'm doing as he carefully builds his stupid castle with his playing cards. I glare at the annoying man with hatred as I try even harder to hold my Ren state a bit longer.

I was so close to beating my record of 20 minutes until I felt something coming towards me at an alarming speed. Losing concentration, my Nen dissolves and I quickly catch the flying object between my fingers and see it is one of Hisoka's flying cards. Fuming with rage, I stomp on the ground with force and a bit of Nen, causing a crater to form underneath my foot. I swiftly throw the playing card back at the annoying jester with great force and speed.

Unfortunately, Hisoka was able to dodge it but not quickly enough because a single scratch now decorated his former flawless face. It was a deep cut seeing as blood dripped down to his chin. A grin formed on his pale lips as his piercing gaze stared at me. I furrow my brows as I return his gaze with a harsh glare.

"Now, now. If you are unable to control that temper then you will never be able to completely learn Nen and reunite with your precious friends." Hisoka says nonchalantly as he plays with the playing card I threw at him between his fingers, his grin never leaving his pale lips. I bite my lip, knowing he is right but angry that he is the reason that I am easily annoyed with his little tactics that include interrupting my training and meditating only to claim that it is to help me build my concentration.

I believed him in the beginning but every single time I am close to beating a personal record of mine, he disturbs my concentration by attacking or surprising me. There was no way that I will be able to learn how to completely use Nen with Hisoka constantly making me want to throw him into a ditch and bury him alive. Usually, I would be completely against killing off a single human because we needed all the help we can get against the titans. But Hisoka is different and I question if he was even human most the time, however, there were many individuals in this world that I questioned if they were human due to their abilities.

If only Nen existed in our world then killing off the titans would be so much easier. We had to train every single day to become more skillful in phsyical combat with both people and titans. Unfortunately, we did not have Nen to assist us on our missions beyond the walls or with any encounter with the titans, but we worked hard to get to where we are in terms of encountering and slaughtering titans. I guess you could say I am proud that my people are able to even kill such big and monstrous beings without any supernatural power helping us.

"Serena~" I snap back to reality and jumped when I notice how close Hisoka is. His minty breath fanned my cheeks as I held my breath in shock and confusion. His gaze was serious as he bore into me, intently studying me.

Not wanting him close to me anymore, I shoved him as hard as I could away from me. I was so much smaller than him and my Nen was barely on equal level as his so it wasn't much as he only took two steps away.

"I still cannot grasp the idea of you being a so called titan with how short and weak you are. It must be embarrassing to have such a disgrace of a titan in your world. Whatever world that is." Once the last word left his mouth, I had no control of what I was doing. My rage was controlling my actions as I activate my Nen and swiftly jumped into the air, extending my right leg to strike a deathly kick to his head. Hisoka caught my foot but I quickly turned my body in the air and caught his neck between both my feet in order to flip him on the ground.

I concentrated my Nen into my fist and punched into his porcelain face as hard as I can, no hesitation nor delay. The satisfying crunch of his bones from the contact of his face and my knuckles made a small smirk form on my face. Stepping away, I marvel at how much damage I made to his face.

'Do not say a thing about my world when you have no idea what I had to go through every single day. What my people had to do to have food on their table or even to live the next day. You can go on and on about how much you want to fight and kill others for your own personal pleasure but do not ever mock my world when you people have so many privileges that we fight every day for.' I signed with anger. Hisoka stared at me with a blank look as I turned and walked away from him. I needed to be alone or else I would really murder the damn clown and that would be the last thing I want to happen because I need him to take me to Gon and Killua.

If only they understood how good they have it in this world. They are able to do such extraordinary things with Nen and were free to live a normal and exciting life. No restrictions such as 50 feet walls, a selfish king who only thinks of himself, a crumbling society, and man eating giants. They are living in our paradise. I can't even imagine being born in this world where I had the choice to live a normal life, get a job and make a family with the man I love. There would be nothing stopping us from being happy except the usual teenage drama and paying bills. 

I wanted to laugh at how dumb these people are for taking such things for granted but a small pitiful whimper escaped my mouth instead. I wanted to be back home with the man I love, my brother, as well as my friends. I want to be there with them, fighting beside them against those hideous monsters. It was so frustrating knowing that you were safe while the one you love are suffering. 

Not wanting to drown into my negative thoughts any further, I try to calm my breathing in order to continue my Nen training since it is the best distraction I have encountered throughout my time with Hisoka. I can sense those light amber eyes studying me once again but he did not bother me for the next couple of hours which surprised me. 

Of course, he would instruct me to do certain things but he did not interrupt me like he usually would. It was peaceful and his presence became tolerable which was something I never thought would happen due to his annoyingly mischievous and sociopathic behavior. Hours pass until it was finally night time with a small bonfire burning underneath the moonlight. 

It was silent between the two of us and it was actually suffocating. The tension in the air was thick and it bothered me. Normally, the clown would be playing with his cards, lecturing me about me horrible Nen skills, or both. But now, his amber eyes stared at the flames that flickered and crackled in the chilly night like he was mesmerized by them. He did not move nor seemed to even blink as I drank the water we took from a nearby pond. I continue cooking our dinner which was a simple stew from basic herbs that I found in the forest we are in. 

"I want you to tell me about your world." Hisoka suddenly stated which caught me off guard. I turn my gaze away from the stew towards the jester, unsure if I should inform him about myself and where I came from. I did not know if it was safe to tell him either because the relationship between him and Gon is enigmatic. He was neither friend or foe because I know no that Hisoka makes his own choices based on his own personal gain which is to fight powerful opponents. He enjoys the thrill fights give him and since he is strong, he likes to single out his next opponent in order to ensure a satisfying battle. 

After contemplating the pros and cons, I gave a curt nod and continued cooking for the both of us. Hisoka watched and waited for me to finish and once we both had a small bowl of stew in our hands, I began telling him what it is like to be born within walls and our daily fight for survival.