The Attack

(Suna's POV)

"Ok.. Start!" The proctor yelled.

Tenten didn't move and nether did I, I wanted to see if she's gotten better.

"You know Tenten.. people say your not truly alive until you've come face to face with death.. your living right now." I said as I take off my gourd.

"Suna what are you doing!?!?" Kankurō asked.

'What are you doing?' Gaara asked.

I don't reply and take out my scroll then grab my double sided sword. I see Tenten slightly smile and pull out a wooden staff before we run towards each other.

Our weapons clash together making a loud noise. I kick her stomach making her lose her balance so I take this moment and cut her stomach. I watch as she disappeared and was replaced with a log.

'Substitution..' I said to myself as I look around.

I see a dot of pick in one of the trees and know it's from Tenten's shirt. I unhook my swords so now I have 2 and run towards her cutting the branch in 3.

'Another substitution..' I thought.

I jump over to my gourd and wait for her. I saw a bunch of kunai flying towards me and dogged some of them and catched the last in between my pointer and middle fingers making the crowd gasp seeing it was a centimeter away from my face. I drop the kunai and take the cork of my gourd making sure to stay next to it.

"Come out coward!!!" I yelled.

A few seconds later Tenten was in front of me.

"Twin dragons!" She said.

'This again..' I thought.

The sand rushed out and circled me as the hundreds of weapons fly towards me, I was left completely unharmed.

"My turn.." I said as all my sand came out.

I stick my swords into the ground then made a triangle with my hands and the sand raced towards Tenten then made a pyramid around her with a small hole at the top.

"She's done for.." I heard Kankurō say.

"You don't know that!" Lee yelled.

"Just wait.." Temari said making all the others confused.

The sand from the ground came up and started to pore into the pyramid as sand spears circle the outside just in case she somehow gets out.

"TENTEN!!!!" The rookies yelled.

"Stop!! The winner is Suna!" The proctor said.

All the sand dropped and I saw Tenten unconscious while also covered in sand.

"This Sand team is definitely one to be feared." The Hokage said.

I walk up to the viewing area while watching the crowd cheer and the people who bet giving money to the people who won.

'That's 2000 dollars..' I said as I watch someone hand a guy money.

"That idiot put 2000 dollars on Tenten and not my girl.. he's so going to be the first to die when everything starts!" Sabaku said.

I reach the platform and ignore all the stares I get from Tenten's team and the others.

"People fall in battle everyday.. it's not like I killed her so get over it. It's not my fault she was so weak.." I said as I stare at the arena.

"How dare you say that about someone who tried there best in battle!" Lee said.

"She lost Lee, she can't hid from the truth.. I'm simply just stating the obvious. What makes you so touchy about her.. she your girlfriend or something?" I asked.