to be near

((an: i'm sorry that last one was so long holy shit. I got carried away on a roadtrip :/ If you're enjoying it tho let me know. Boredom is the only thing I know, so I've been writing a shit ton, sorry dawgs))

You and the boys have been getting to know each other better, and Niall has been kind of hanging behind which makes me feel awkward. I hang back until I meet with him on the cracked sidewalk and i look up to him.
"I didn't mean to intrude on your day, if you want me to go just let m-"
"Oh, n-no (y/n), it's not that. I'm just kinda tired." he says in an exhale.
I stare at my feet and then notice we are walking with the same steps. I bring my hands together and intertwine my fingers.
"Listen, I'm really sorry about the crush thing earlier. I hope you know that I don't have a crush on you.. I mean, I don't even know you," He finally says, taking a deep breath, laughing it off.
"Dude, it's fine. Honestly, it was kind of nice to hear today," I shrug, looking up to his face and smiling. He smiles back and looks away and then I see his middle finger go up and I follow with my eyes to his friends turned around making kissing faces.
I look down and blush, though I don't know why, he doesn't like me. Why do I care? I am very confused about this whole day.

{Niall's POV}
She keeps smiling and I keep melting. Every second I'm around her, I want to tell her that she's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. But that would ruin everything, which is not what I need right now. Alex and George won't stop giving me shit because I told them that she's cute. I need something to distract me so I hang back and I check my phone. It's 6:39pm and I wonder what we're planning on doing for the rest of the evening. I'm scrolling through my Twitter notifications when I'm startled by (y/n) who's now walking right by me. She apologized for intruding on my day, but all I could think is that I wished that it was only us.
"Listen, I'm really sorry about the crush thing earlier. I hope you know that I don't have a crush on you.. I mean, I don't even know you," I say, laughing nervously. I really didn't want to bring it up but denying it would be better than completely ignoring it I guess. She tells me that she appreciated it and my heart fluttered as she smiled at me again. That smile. I look up to see what the boys are doing and I flip them off and give them a death stare for being gross and I was hoping (y/n) wouldn't see, but I could tell she did because she looked uncomfortable. I sigh and with butterflies in my stomach I ask a question.
"Would you..uh do you wanna go to a movie in the park tonight with me? Or- um.. like all of us? the guys I mean," God, she has me a mess.

{(y/n) POV}
Did he just ask me out? I mean, I guess he did ask if I wanted to hang out with the whole crew so I assume not.
"Yeah, I'd love to! Sounds fun," I smile. I'm honestly so excited but I have to contain myself  or else Ill look like a weirdo.