Chapter 2

The next chapter is coming your way. There's no Owen just yet, but it's coming soon. I promise. I would also like to say that I know nothing about dinosaurs, nor their behavior... it's strictly fiction, so whatever I write is not like the real thing. So if it's all wrong for you, you know now.

I do not own Jurassic Park or Jurassic World, only my OC.

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

"I'm not saying that the two of us should take care of her. I'm saying that I am."

***********

Howard University, Washington D.C. December 2013

A lot of things has changed since that fateful decision Ellie made about that little girl. It makes you wonder what would become of her, if she wasn't taken in by Dr. Ellie Sattler. Or Ellie Degler as her name has been since the late 1990's.

I am glad to tell you all that she's just fine. I am that girl. I'm Kate Sattler, or Dr. Kate Sattler, seeing I just finished my PhD in paleontology six months ago. Now, I'm back at the university, since they wanted to talk to students in their first year at university, to give them a boost. I have seen more than my fair share of things, and let's face it... the school knew I was connected to someone that was one of the first to see live dinosaurs, outside InGen and John Hammond.

That was before Jurassic World opened in 2005 and it became a public domain. I promised myself that I would never go back there. Not after I lost Rexy. It wasn't the same without her anymore. I didn't want to do that to myself. That part of my life was over, and over the last 20 years, I had learned to accept that. I straightened out my outfit, getting ready to go out before the class, when I received a text from my mother, telling me good luck and one from my little brother, telling me to kick ass. Sometimes, I forget that he's grown up to be a 15-year-old boy.

"Please welcome, Dr. Kate Sattler." I heard the professor say, and that's my cue to step out. They all started clapping, welcoming me greatly.

"Thank you everyone. I'm Dr. Sattler, but I would rather you call me Kate. Dr. Sattler makes me seem old, or worse... my mother." I said, breaking the ice a little, making them laugh.

"I want to thank the University for inviting me back here, to talk to you about the T-Rex. Even though it feels like I'm back in class, which is a little strange to me, but I'll survive."

I looked around the auditorium, and I've never realized how big it actually is. I took a deep breath and started the lecture. During the lecture, I brought out a replica of Rexy's scull, which my mom and Alan Grant helped me construct a few years ago.

***********

It seemed to go really well, and I felt good by telling them all I've ever learned about the T-Rex and it made me miss Rexy even more. I shook off that feeling and continued with my lesson.

"So, to sum up, a T-Rex is protective of their own, and they showed that they had a conscience, and ability to love, not so unlike us humans. And with a lot of patience, they could co-exist with humans, if we just took the time to do so." I said, knowing that this would set someone off.

"How could you possibly know that." One of the students argued. "How could you possibly know that an animal that size, would not turn on us the first chance he got? There's no way that it's possible."