Chapter 3

I want to thank all my new followers on this story. And those of you who put this as their favorite. It really means a lot to me, and I hope you'll continue to read this story, and give me your thoughts on it.

The next chapter is here, and I hope you'll enjoy it.

I do not own Jurassic Park or Jurassic World. Only my OC.

*cathrineoriginal*

***********

January 2014.

"Ladies and gentlemen. We are descending in about 5 minutes, so we ask all our passengers to recline their seats and put up your tray. We should be arriving Costa Rica momentarily."

You may ask yourself what I was doing here. On my way to Costa Rica... on my way to Isla Nublar. Simon Masrani is one smug son of a bitch. He knew exactly what to do to get me back here. He found Rexy, probably had her all along. And with me refusing to read or hear anything about this park, I never knew that Rexy was alive, or captured again.

I wanted to see her, be with her again. They also told me that she hasn't been eating well. She seems as if she has lost her will to live, and they hoped that I could figure out what was going on with her. It wasn't very difficult for me to say yes. And he knew it.

I wanted to see Rexy again.

But I'll tell you one thing... Last Christmas, wasn't the merriest of them all... not even the slightest.

*********

Flashback to Washington D.C. Christmas Day, 2013.

I was hosting this Christmas, so I had invited not only my family, but also Alan Grant and Ian Malcolm.

Alan was the only of the two to accept it. I was not looking forward to telling them that I was leaving Washington, that I was leaving to go back to that place. But I hope they will understand why I would go.

My doorbell sounded throughout my apartment, making my Siberian Husky, Paws, to go ballistic. He loved company, and especially by Alan.

"Hi, sweetheart! Merry Christmas!" My mother exclaimed at the same time as the rest of the family.

"Merry Christmas everyone! Please, come inside, and get comfortable." I said, hugging everyone. Even my 13-year old sister did, and she never hugs me. I laugh as Paws runs after my younger siblings, trying to tear their coats off. I roll my eyes at both mom and Mark tried to get him to stop. I turned around to face the door, when Alan walked up to it. He had the biggest smile on his face, and I was glad he was here.

"Hey, Alan." I said, jumping into his arms.

"Hey, kiddo. Merry Christmas." Alan said, hugging me back tightly.

"Merry Christmas. I'm so glad you could make it, Alan." I said, not wanting to let the man go.

"Oh, please! You know I would've showed up here soon anyway." He said, and that's true. It's a tradition that we sit down together during Christmas and look for upcoming digs. I've been going with him for years.

"Yeah, that's true." I said, trying to sound forgetful.

I showed him into the living room, where everyone sat down and started talking to each other. I was feeling nervous and couldn't sit still. So, I decided to get dinner going, needing something to occupy myself with.