I

[Han Jihoon]

"Daniel, stop stealing my food because you decided to inhale yours in three seconds," I grumbled, swatting away his wandering hands that seemed addicted to picking up my fries.

We were sitting in a Mcdonald's, skipping our class because the end of the week right before spring break means nothing to either of us apparently. But this Big Mac was worth skipping.

"Go order some of your own if you want more." I shoved him out from beside me and pushed him as far away as I could without having to get off my ass.

"But the food always tastes better when it's not mine!" Daniel gave me a cheeky grin before swiping another fry. "Anyways, Knox has this weird exec party and he's not home tonight. Wanna go crash it?"

"Why would we crash a party with a ton of wrinkly stuck-up old businessmen? Their source of entertainment is probably playing bingo or cutting people's salaries." I mumbled through my mouth of fries.

"I think you're thinking of retirement-housed grandmas for that bingo part. Old men like them won't even bother in partaking in such a plebian game," Daniel took on an old snobbish tone in mockery. I snickered, nodding along with him. "But Knox told me it's at this club so maybe they're not all stinking party poopers."

I debated it in my head. We could go tonight but then we could end up getting carded and I didn't need that on my record...not that it wasn't already...never mind. There was nothing else to do on a Thursday night than hit the club, right? Skipping Friday sounded like a plan.

"How are we going to get in if it's a club? 21 and up, remember?" My finger flickered between the two of us. "Quick reminder that we are very much only 20—a whole year from that little threshold."

"Who do you think I am? I already stalked Knox's invite and looked up the club. It's some super exclusive thing but as long as you're 18 and up, you can get in. They just won't let you drink."

"Then what's the point of going if not to get drunk and waste the night away?" The last bite of my Big Mac was done. "Then what the hell is that club anyway?"

"Dude, it's like super freaky. I looked up the thing and it's a kink club." Daniel had a mischievous grin on his face, giggling like a schoolgirl. "Who knew Knox was such a freaky fuck. He'll absolutely lose his shit if he sees us there. I can't wait to hold something over him."

A heavy sigh left my lips and I shook my head. I should've known he was fueled by this strangely competitive sibling bond between those two. "Who's taking care of Rosie tonight then? If we go."

"Oh, my Aunt Marta said she could take her for the night. We just have to pick her up the morning after before they go to noon mass." Daniel gave me his gross puppy eyes as if they would work for their intended effect. "You can just sit there and wait until I piss off Knox and then we can go."

You knew he was desperate when he started compromising. Rather than sending him off alone in a kink club where he was bound to piss someone off, I figured I might as well tag along so he doesn't end up tangled in trouble. Eventually, I just gave in and by the time it hit 7 that evening, he was already up my ass about going.

"Come on, you don't have to pick out anything fancy!" Daniel was shaking me by the shoulders while I stood there bare in my boxers.

"Dude, did you not see their website? The place looks expensive as hell. I'm not showing up in fucking shorts and a tee." His hands tightened their grip when I tried to shrug them off. "You can wear your hobo clothes there but I'm not getting caught underdressing."