Chapter 7

So, it's fair to say that the next few hours weren't my finest.

After hearing the news that Kuroka is the one I've been after... I flipped and ran off.

Where you might ask?

I don't really remember.

You see I went to the bar...

I'd found a credit card at my house, which I assumed was mine anyway.

Who else would leave that for 8 years?

I just drunk away my troubles.

But all I could think about was how scared Koneko looked, she seemed scared of how I'd react.

"Do you think Koneko likes him?"

Akeno's words stayed with me all afternoon, even if they weren't aimed at me in the first place.

In my 'state' I'd walked over a mile to the nearest bar before sitting and drinking for hours on end.

I racked up a pretty big bill, thankfully I had enough money on my card to pay for it all.

I stumbled out of the bar and kept walking for a while until I found an open field.

Going to be honest, I've never been drunk before today.

All I want to do is throw up and sleep.

But it's making me so much more honest, I feel like I can finally admit things.

That girl, Koneko... she's fucking cute.

Like, don't get me wrong. Rias and Akeno are sexy as hell.

But Koneko is just... perfect.

I threw my intoxicated body onto the grass face first and simply stay there.

It must have been around 5 pm, I couldn't really tell since I can't see straight.

But Rias and Co would be heading back now.

"Get yourself together." A voice I recognised well pinched my cheek as she spoke.

"S-shat u-u-up." I slur my words but they must have been stupidly muffled anyway considering I was lay head first on the ground.

"You're impossible." Eliza gave up and just sat next to me without another word.

I slowly began to close my eyes, just wanted to rest for a minute but slumber never overcame me.

"Y/N, do you remember the day we met?"

It was an odd question sure, but I simply pictured the moment as I knew she wouldn't understand my words.

~~~~~~

It was my 6th birthday, I woke up to an unfamiliar face coming to wake me up.

"Ah, so you're finally up. Happy Birthday." This girl was around my age, maybe younger than me, she was very pretty though.

"Thank you." I sat up and rubbed my eyes, the girl whom I had never met was sat on my legs so I couldn't stand up. "Who are you?"

She tilted her head to the side as if contemplating how to answer, it was a simple question though isn't it?

"My name is Eliza I suppose."

"I suppose?" I questioned her choice of words but she kept smiling at me.

"Yes, my name is Eliza it's just been a long time since I've used it." I was so confused.