the dinner

John POV

All of us had made it to the dinner and   wowww, would you look at that I was seated right in-between Thomas and Alex, GREAT.

The table we we're placed at was so long it looked never ending!

Before I sat down with everyone else I wanted to introduce myself to some people. And well you know, make some allies, I guess...

I approached a guy who seemed to have no hair at all I assumed he must be important also due to the fact that he was sitting at the front of the table.

"Hello, I'm John Lauren's, and you may be?" I said urging the man to introduce himself.

"I'm Washington, I am the one who put this whole shindig together. I've never actually met a firebird before... actually I don't think anyone here has?" He states with a chuckle at the end.

"Omg! You actually got my species right, instead of saying I'm a Phoenix!! Wow and you are a Aeternae! I've always admired the great amount of strength your kind projects when faced with obstacles!" My face is basically gleaming from the topic.

Washington chuckled and added " yes, I admire that as well. But not as much as I admire Firebirds beauty, such as yourself.~" he says smirking.

Ummmmmm....is he flirting with me? Probably not, I'm to ugly to show of any liking to anyone.

" Oh, why thank you." I say but notice everyone taking there seats so I decide it's best to end off the conversation here. "I should head back to my seat the dinner is about to start and I DON'T wanna miss the first few courses" I say rocking on the balls of my shoes awkwardly.

"Oh, of course. Next time Mr. Lauren's~" he says sauntering off.

Ok then.

I head back to my seat and Peggy waves at me and hands me a piece of paper under the table. It's her number.

I don't have a phone, we Firebirds do not interact with technology for it would distract us from our jobs and basic task in life.

I mouth to Peggy that I don't have a phone and she only nods in agreement. Her smile falters for a sec but quickly goes back into the bubbly smile it usually is.

Hmf. These other species are very.........  different.

Peggy POV

I like John.

He's cute and nice.

I like John!

Sorry for not updating I have been reallllly busy.
411 words

-hannah