chapter 4

~ maria's POV ~

I get a message from shawn:

From shawn:
Hey, can u come over to mine? We need to talk...

From maria:
Oh um ok sure. Everything ok?

I know exactly what this is about. Matt has told him and he's gonna say that we both have to get over our feelings for eachother.
But i dont know if i can.

*a few mins later, at shawn's house*

I ring the doorbell and Aaliyah answers.
"Oh hey maria" she says, "shawn is in his room"

I walk up the stairs and as i get to the door i can hear shawn singing.

"Darling i want all the strings attatched, love it when you--"

I open the door and say "new song?"

"You didnt hear too much did you?" he says and starts laughing.

I go over and sit on the bed, he looks in my eyes and says

"im so sorry maria"

Oh god

"I over heard you and matts conversation at the lockers"

"Oh i um" i say

"I really like you Maria"

"You do? I um"

He looks at me, eyes wide.

"I um i like you too, shawn"

He starts smiling and says
"We should hangout sometime, and figure out our feelings, then maybe we can be more than friends."

I smile and say yes.
Shawn starts playing the guitar, i love it when he does it. He is so good at playing.

"So its a new song then?"

"Yeah..."

"Whats your inspiration for the song?"

"I cant say, but i promise, i will tell you when i can" he says, and smirks

"I better get going" i say, as i stand up.

He grabs my wrist "maria i promise we will figure this out"

I smile, and say "i know shawn"

He smiles back as i walk out his bedroom and out the frontdoor.

~ shawn's POV ~

Thank god. She likes me back, and the truth is... the songs about her. Its about us growing up together and finally figuring out that we like eachother. I need to work on the first verse though.

'Met this girl when we were three years old,
We were holding hand tight so im told and it felt like an enternity, said it felt like an eternity,
And i new back then, we were --- more than friends ??? '

Yes it finally works ! And i add the line "and i knew back then, we were more than friends"
To the rest of the song.
Suddenly matt walks into my room,

"have you talked to her yet?" He says

"Yes, what you said about her liking me too is true. Thanks mate"

"Haha its ok... guessing you're writing that song about her?"

"Yeah, but you cant tell her. Its a secret" i say, putting my finger upto my lips and doing a 'shhh' gesture.

He laughs and we sit there finishing the lyrics until he goes home.

~ Maria's POV ~

Im happy that he knows, to be honest, i couldnt hide it from him any longer.
I go and grab my handbag from my room and walk out the door. I'm supposed to be meeting Jordyn at the mall in 5 mins.
I walk to the shops and see her standing outside urban outfitters.

"Heyy hun" she says, and we walk into the shop.

As soon as we walk in, i see an amazing two-peice set in the corner lf the store. Its a black and white checked pencil skirt and a dusty pink croptop to go with it. It was so pretty.
I pick it up and look at the price label '£97' i laugh and say "ive been saving up" and smile and Jordyn. I pick it up and we walk over to the checkout, i buy it and we go into the next shop.

About 2 hours later we are finally in the last shop, Jordyn could shop for America. We are in JD sports and i pick out a pair of Reeboks.
They are a dusty pink colour, just like my new top, with rose gold ribbon laces. They are so nice so i obviously get them. Well thats the last of my money.... but at least i got some nice new outfits!
We walk out the mall and Jordyn gets into her mums car, she has been waiting for her. "Want a ride?" She says,
"No its ok, thanks"

"Ok, see you soon hun"

"Bye Jordyn!"

I walk home and let myself in. I put my shopping bags in my room and walk downstairs, as i sit down i get a text from shawn,

From shawn:
Hey, do u want to meet up tomorrow?

From maria:
Ok, we can meet at mine, my parents are out all day at a gathering so i have the whole of sunday and Monday morning alone. Come over whenever you want

From shawn:
Ok... ill be there tomorrow morning :)