chapter 5

*sunday morning, at Maria's house*

I wake up to the sound of my alarm beeping in my ear, sleepily, i turn it off and get out of bed into the shower, i have to get ready as shawn is coming over.

Once i get out, i put on a long grey tshirt and black leggings, fix my hair and do my makeup. After, i walk downstairs and get breakfast, i decide to just grab a peice of toast and i eat it back upstairs.
When im finished, i brush my teeth and go and sit on my bed when the doorbell rings. As im walking down the stairs, Shawn walks through the door.
"Woah how did you get in?"

"With my key, duh" he smiles

"Oh i forgot you had one, anyway come upstairs"  i say.

We walk upstairs and both sit on my bed.
"Isnt that my tshirt?" He says

"Um no idk"

"Haha it is i gave it to you when we had a sleepover and you forgot your pyjamas," he starts laughing

"Oh ha i remember that," i say, obviously embarrassed.

We both end up laughing and he looks into my eyes,
"Maria" he says, and holds my hand, "i want you to know that when youre ready, we should give this a go. We cant hide our feelings any longer and ive been wanting to ask you something for a long time,"

"Uh oh um ok" i say, im kinda nervous.

"I would say 'can i take you out...but i want to do this properly. I want you to be my girlfriend"

I look up at him, completely shocked.
He looks worried, until i smile.
Slowly, i raise up on my tiptoes, kiss him softly on the cheek and say

"Shawn Peter Raul Mendes, it would be a pleasure to be your girlfriend"

He smiles and puts his arms on my waist, then he looks confused. "So wait, i can call you my girlfriend?" He says with a huge grin on his face.

"Yeah you can shawn" i say, putting my lips against his.
He kisses back as we both close our eyes, we pull away and he whispers in my ear,
"Maria, you have no idea how long ive been waiting for this to happen,"

I smile and rest my head on his shoulder "me too" i say.

~ shawn's POV ~

I cant believe it!!!! Shes my girlfriend !!!
I hold her hands as she rests her head on my chest. I walk over to her bed and we both sit down, not letting go of eachothers hands.
"How about we go on a date this evening? "

"Sure," she says, with a smile

"I have to go and tell my mum, but ill pick you up at 7... ok? "

"Ok Mendes" she laughs. I kiss her again before leaving her room and going out the house, shouting "I WILL LOCK THE DOOR" as i go out, i hear her say "ok hun" and i shut the door.

When i get home i tell my parents about me and Maria, they are all super happy that we are finally together.
"I knew this was gonna happen someday" says my mum.

Aaliyah just laughs and walks out the room screaming
"I SHIP SHAWRIA, I SHIP SHAWRIA I DID FROM THE START"

*a few hours later, at 5 o clock*

~ marias pov ~

I better start getting ready, i open my wardrobe and pull out my new top, skirt and shoes. I smile as i put it on, it actually looks really nice....
I put my hair up in a half ponytail style. I choose a smokey-pink eyeshadow colour and dark lipstick and look at myself in the mirror, it looked amazing , in my opinion.

(Outfit below)

Once i was finished getting ready, i made sure my teeth had been brushed (i wanted to make sure that they were squeaky clean) and i made my way downstairs

*ding dong*

The doorbell went, Shawn was here :)