09. There's Nothing Like Family

**This is the second update within 24 hours! If you haven't read the previous chapter please go back and read it. Otherwise, this shit won't make any sense.**

✻ When she realises family reunions are overrated

Dumbledore was quick to wrap up his speech, probably noticing that the students were basically starving by that point. Soon, everyone had seemingly forgotten about the unusual events that had just transpired and dived into their diner.

But Lizl had a plan to set in motion.

Step 1: The family reunion from hell.

She had made a point to sit right next to her cousin when walking towards the Slytherin table, the sea of students separating as they watched her walk towards them. Neither of the cousins had said anything, or even glanced at each other as the feast commenced. They were both stubborn as hell.

Finally, it was Lizl who broke the silence, channeling that entitled tone of voice within her that had served her pretty well in the past when she talked to pureblood wizards.

"Hello cousin." she greeted, turning her head slightly on the right, towards the blond boy.

Malfoy scoffed, a smug smile spreading on his face as he picked apart the small piece of bread on his plate. "And here I thought the rumours where just rumours. Looks like that disgrace of an uncle of mine had a child after all."

"Oh, careful little cuz, family's all we've got." smirked Lizl, taking a sip of her pumpkin juice.

The way they chose to communicate was one of the most bizarre ones most students had ever seen. Though Slytherins were used to their rather eccentric ways, it was rather ridiculous to watch to cousins meet for the first time, yet not even bother to angle their faces so that they were looking in each others eyes.

"I have a family, I don't need you." Malfoy huffed.

"Never said you needed me. I'm not your mother." Lizl scoffed quickly. "But think about it... in a couple of decades, it's pretty much going to be you and me. No more Blacks, no more Lestranges, no more Malfoys... I'll be the only immediate family you have left."

"That's..."

"Scary isn't it?" chuckled Lizl, turning her head to face her cousin, her eyebrows raising suggestively before resuming her eating. "Though it's much better than fighting Potter for my family house, anyways."

That seemed to get Malfoy's attention.

"That nosy git owns the Black family house?" exclaimed the boy, now twisting his body to face the girl's.

"For now." Lizl hummed, sipping on her pumpkin juice.

"Why the hell isn't it yours?"

"That idiotic father of mine spend twelve years of his life punishing himself for a crime he never committed. Then he shows up from nowhere demanding to be called 'dad'. I don't want any of his crap. He can give it to Potter. It'll all be mine in due time." said Lizl suggestively.

Malfoy hummed in response, his muscles relaxing ever so slightly.

"So, dear cousin, where have you been all those years?" asked the boy.

"Hestia's Lair."

"Wh...?"

Malfoy barely got to asking his question, when two figures decided to sit across from him and his cousin.

"Hey love. Hope we're not interrupting the family reunion." smirked Liam.

The Rosier twins had decided to join in the fun, moving up on the Slytherin table to keep their friend company.