16. Christmas Is Going To The Dogs

✻ When she wins at poker.

Dinner in the Weasley household had been relatively pleasant. Sure, the golden trio of Gryffindor barely uttered a word to Lizl, and the Weasley girl kept looking at her funny — but no dramatics ensued.

The Weasley parents seemed to have warmed up to Lizl faster than their youngest children. Mr Weasley, while remaining pretty silent throughout the beginning of the meal, could barely contain his joy when Lizl told him she had a mobile cellphone with her, which she used to talk to her friends and family in real time. With a promise to show him how it worked, Arthur Weasley quickly grew fond of the girl — and the feeling was mutual. His child-like wander and open mind when it came to Muggle technology warmed Lizl's heart, and she looked forward to teaching him about air conditioning. Even Mrs Weasley, who — even though was never directly rude towards the girl — kept glancing at her worriedly whenever she mentioned her house or "The Lair", seemed to have warmed up to the girl, especially after she used her knowledge of French to diffuse the tension between her and her soon to be daughter-in-law.

Lizl quite liked the Weasleys. They were an odd bunch, for sure, but so was her family as well.

Bill — the oldest of the siblings — was a curse-breaker for Gringotss Bank, and looked way more like Lizl than his other siblings. He was pretty laid back and easy going, with an extensive knowledge in the history of magic. Lizl got along with him the best, surprising everyone when they delved into a conversation about the history of ancient magical civilisations.

His fiancée, Fleur, was stunning, with an even more impressive wit, and humour. Being able to talk in both languages at the same time was rather refreshing for both of the girls, who as bilinguals, often struggled at getting their point across in only one language.

Then there was George, the more level-headed of the twins. Once they got Lizl's belongings sorted in Ginny's room, the girl made sure to give George a big hug and a kiss on the cheek, causing the twin to blush a deep red, while a string of complaints left Fred's mouth.

"Hey! Why is he getting more kisses than me?"

"Because he wasn't the idiot who didn't write to me for a month. He was the smart twin who thinks with his brain and not his little Freddie" rebutted Lizl.

"I'll have you know I use my brain as much as he does! And what do you mean little?" Fred demanded, while his brother and girl laughed.

Ron was rather fun as well. Though not as self assured as the rest of his siblings, he was pretty witty, and his dynamic with Hermione and Harry reminded Lizl of Jonathan — the loyal friend who sticks by his people through thick and thin.

And Ginny... Well... Ginny was sceptical of the Black girl, to say the least.

They should perhaps hold off on the friendship bracelets.

So yes, all and all the Weasleys were an interesting bunch.

●♛●

After dinner was finished, and with everyone too stuffed and too tired to keep the conversation going, the residents of the Burrow split to their respective bedrooms.

With only a small peck on the cheek, Fred had left a slightly disappointed Lizl by Ginny's room, where the youngest Weasley was waiting for her.

Ginny only wordlessly pointed the Black girl to the bathroom, before retreating to a linen closet a few doors down the narrow hallway.

After brushing her teeth and splashing some water on her face, Lizl returned to her designated room, and changed into a comfy pair of emerald pyjamas Jonathan's mother had gifted her when she got sorted in Slytherin.