22. Little Koala

✻ When he makes an interesting proposal

Lizl drove down the dirt path, beeping the horn as she reached The Burrow. With a heavy sigh, she turned off the engine, and reached for the trunk. Three large wooden chests were carefully tucked inside, and with a flick of her wand, they each started floating behind her, heading towards the front door.

The house was mostly empty. Only Ginny and Molly were supposed to be inside. The rest of the Weasleys, along with some other Order members, had already left. They had been tasked with the mission to get Harry out of Little Winging.

Lizl reached for the door, but it was locked. Lifting her head upwards, she noticed light coming from the first floor, and caught a glimpse of red hair.

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel," she yelled. "let down your ginger locks!"

Ginny grumbled, opening her window.

"What was that?"

"Ugh, never mind. It's a muggle fairytale! Open up!"

Ginny leaned on the windowsill cheekily, tapping her finger on her chin.

"Prove you're the real Lizl—"

"You're a bitch."

Ginny snorted, nodding her head.

"Mum! Lizl's here."

Lizl heard footsteps climbing down the stairs, and soon, the front door opened, revealing the young witch.

"I do love how our relationship has progressed." Teased Lizl, entering the house, the chests following her figure before setting themselves down on the kitchen table.

"Elizabeth, dear! Did you have a safe trip?" Molly greeted as all three gathered around the table.

"Yeah, it was alright. Wizards don't suspect Muggle vehicles."

"Maybe I should learn to drive." Ginny wondered out loud.

"You should. We could take the car out tomorrow." Lizl offered. "Go for a drive around the fields. The worst you can do is hit a garden gnome."

Mrs. Weasley wasn't having it, however.

"Well, don't get your hopes up girls, there's still so much to do to prepare for the wedding. There won't be much time for driving lessons. Besides, you're far too young."

"In the United States, the age limit is sixteen." Lizl argued.

"Exactly, Ginny is still fifteen!"

"I turn sixteen in less that two weeks!"

"Perfect!" Lizl exclaimed. "I'll come by then."

Mrs. Weasley waved both of them off, directing their attention to the wooden chests.

"What did you bring us, dear?"

"These are the best I could do." Lizl explained, opening the boxes with a wave of her wand. |The first chest over here, it's got all the liquids. Any healing potion you can think of, it's in here. From bone reconstruction, to blood loss, to antidotes for most common poisons, you can find some form of cure in here. In this chest," she continued, motioning towards the next one, "there are potion supplies; roots, herbs and any non liquid remedy — like bezoars over here."

Mrs. Weasley nodded, carefully examining the contents of each chest.

"What's in the last one?" Ginny asked.

"Muggle healing supplies. If you ran out of magical ones, or can't fix a wound with a spell, there's enough bandages, disinfectants and suture kits to dress wounds appropriately."