Chapter Six - Second Day

A/N: late update! I've been seriously lagging behind in all of my stories and it's upsetting lol. I've been watching AND reading my hero academia and I'm so obsessed its a bit unhealthy honestly

And WHOAAA 9,000 words what the hhhaaaaaay

Sleeping in the servants quarters was a bit uncomfortable for Remus. He never had to share a room before, much less with ten others. At least there was a bathroom and Remus was thankful for the bit of privacy. He was tired of having eyes on him every two seconds.

Remus bathed, washed his teeth, brushed his hair and changed into his work attire before starting the day. He took his time, considering it was still early; he awoke at five in the morning. It was a habit of his and he wasn't about to abandon it. More work can be done the earlier he woke up.

Either way, he didn't sleep so well. Peter's snoring were impossible to mute.

He looked at himself in the mirror, making sure he looked acceptable to present himself to Sirius and the rest. While he was at it, he pepped-talked himself, telling his reflection that today will be a better day and encouraged himself to do better work.

Satisfied, he stepped out after cleaning the bathroom, and just then, he heard a light knock on the door. It was 6 a.m. The cooks had brought their meal, "Breakfast's ready."

Remus left the quarters to the lunchroom, where a tray with breakfast was served; scrambled eggs, slices of ham and un-toasted bread. There were also small, round pancakes and a flask of syrup. Remus supplied himself a bit of everything and sat to eat. Too bad the pancakes were tasteless and the bread didn't even had butter. If they added cinnamon powder and vanilla extract to the batter it would have tasted better. Remus suspected that the chefs didn't cared much about feeding the servants.

Once finished, he scrubbed clean his dishes and scoured his lips and teeth with a tissue. Then he stepped out and a very familiar voice screeched from inside the quarters, accompanied by a shrill bell.

"Wake up, you lazy peasants! It's past six already!" It was Virginia, of course, and she sounded as angry as yesterday, "You're not getting paid to slack around for a bloody minute! And where the hell is that little weasel?"

That was Remus.

Reluctantly, he made his entrance, hands at his back and trying to stand straight. He was a little anxious; he hadn't thought about facing Virginia after what happened yesterday and, sure enough, when she turned to him, her face contorted. She was still mad at him, "There you are. Trying to hide again, eh?"

Remus shook his head, "No, ma'am. I was having breakfast and now I'm ready to start working."

Virginia grumbled something under her breath. Behind her, the other servants were waking up, rubbing their foggy eyes and stretching their bodies. Only Peter continued to snore on.

But Virginia refused to praise him for anything, "Follow me. The baron wants to talk to you."

Remus gulped and nodded, following Virginia outside and down to the grand foyer, where the baron was waiting for him. He was already dressed and looking at his clock, tapping his foot impatiently, when Virginia cleared her throat.

"My lord. The servant you asked for is here."

The baron looked up, "Good. An early riser, unlike my son," Orion sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, "I'll be brief. I need him to be awake and ready by eight. Today, he's having a... special visitor. Your work with his raiment yesterday was excellent, but for today, I need you to dress him more uniquely. He has to look impressive. Do you understand?"