Chapter 1: Poor Little One, All Alone in this World

Like a shooting star in the sky, racing in space, our subconscious sometimes feel disconnected from our bodies as though our thoughts had drifted off to a place unknown.

Some time ago, a mysterious incident and massacre had occurred. During some kind of ceremony the priest and church staff of the Catholic church was having, a strange blue light began appearing in the distance. One by one, that light had surrounded them and they all dropped, falling to their sudden deaths.

Standing in the graveyard, I felt the grass under my bare feet, watching the fog rise, surrounding the gravestones.

I stared at one particular gravestone with an expressionless face. I was staring at the one who had directed the ceremony that lead to the destruction that would later mark history. The infamous priest, who I shared blood, my father...

I looked up at the vastness of the darkened sky in which that star beamed, making its presence known, admiring the beauty of the shining star.

It must have felt free going to a new place- somewhere undefined.

Maybe I'd reach its destination one day.

But, once the luminescence of the star vanishes, it leaves you in emptiness, for the void in your heart remains sealed, only those lost memories contained. For that's all that's left of them.

***

I've always been this way, feeling detached from this world, like something or some exterior force, was drawing me out of it. I suppose at some point I got tired of hearing the same stories on the news, the same scenarios of mysterious or unique deaths with the repulsive abuser getting away with it. Either the police didn't know how to do their job, or criminals were getting wiser and wiser on preventing their capture.

Maybe another contributor to my detachment had to do with people in general. How quickly someone was to hurt another and feel absolutely nothing about it. It was truly disgusting.

I was born into this world, oblivious to the subtle changes, the cool shifting breeze of the fall, with big forest green eyes that would allow me to see vibrant colors in which amused me- allowing me to smile.

It might had been okay that I was born into this paradoxical world; I might not have hurt people, but no matter how hard I tried, my existence was enough to cripple and destroy.

No one wanted to look at me or acknowledge me. To everyone, I was the odd one, the mysterious young lady who "worshiped the devil" as they all would say.

I was born into a world filled of loneliness and ignorance. No one knew me.

No one tried to know me...

That was until one day, someone entered this corrupt world and looked me in the eyes. I stood there frozen, not with fear, but mere fascination at her- the one who dared to see me. It was as if she was staring right into my soul; as if she could feel my heart beating in my chest in the same rhythm as her own.

My eyes closed, the image of her surfaced in my thoughts.