Anticipating Heart

Thor lay with him for the night, he was forced to fight back emotions of sorrow and also the tears that seemed desperate to escape. But he knew that he was the one who needed to be strong; Loki needed him, he never said it but it was true. It was only after that night did he realise exactly what his brother meant by not wanting to live anymore. Loki had seemed to try not to scream but he had failed, leaving Thor to lay there while his brother shrieked in agony. He hoped with all his heart that this torment wasn't going to get any worse and perhaps coming to an end. He couldn't be certain though.

Loki felt terrible the next morning, not due to the fact that he hadn't eaten or slept; just because his brother had to witness him shrieking and writhing in agony. He knew that Thor had tried to do everything for him that he possibly could; he had held him tight and whispered kind words throughout the attacks, and when they did occur, Thor would grip him even tighter and breathe strength into him. After everything that had happened, Thor had been there for him; even when he was taken to Jotunheim and beaten to the brink of death, Thor defied his father had tried to sacrifice himself in order for Loki's safety. But now, now he wished that Thor had left him in the hands of laufey to perish, at least then he wouldn't have had to experience this pain, he would have just died and that would have been it.

Time seemed to get the better of Loki, it had seemed to drag for so long, but finding out that it was his birthday made him realise how easily days and nights can fold into one. "Loki? Do you know what day it is brother?" Thor seemed to be the only one that visited him as of late; he had seen Frigga once or twice for reassuring words but Odin, Odin had seemed to hide himself away from him. This again made Loki feel abandoned, like in Jotünheim when he had not allowed a thorough search party. "It has been a year brother" Thor's voice seemed to flood Loki's mind. "You're birthday Loki, don't you remember?" Loki licked his lips, attempting to form words. "Days and nights have no difference to me now Thor, I thought it had merely been a week since this had started"

Thor's heart dropped at hearing this; his brother suffered immensely and therefore he seemed to be losing his mind. "Look on the bright side Loki, this will soon be over..."