ch.31

🌻lost love🌻

• • •

Eddie—

The feeling of waking up in your arms was pure bliss.

My eyes fluttered open and I was so close I could count your freckles. Your features were so relaxed yet you seemed happy, with the corner of your mouth turning up in an unconscious smile. The warmth of your body radiated on to mine and we didn't even need blankets to keep us warm.

And I guess I never noticed how long your eyelashes are till now. I didn't want to wake you but god I wanted to kiss you.

As soft as I could, I kissed the tip of your nose. You began to wake up, pulling me in closer as you stretched

Eddie: mornin' Mikey

Mike.w: morning sunshine

(a/n mike.w= mike wheeler, stranger things character played by Finn Wolfhard. Don't get confused with Mike Hanlon. Mike H probably won't be in the chapter when Mike W is in it. Got it? Cool)

I nuzzled into his chest and we intertwined our fingers. He always told me that his favorite thing to do was hold my hand.

Mike: I love you

Eddie: I love you more

I tilted my head up to meet his lips. He brushed his fingers over my cheek and melted into our kiss.

Eddie: we should get ready. I don't want to be late

Mike: no...I just want to be close to you...

He rolled on top of me and buried his face in my neck as I laughed at his cute clingy attitude. 

Eddie: come on! It's school, we have to go

Mike: Fine... only because we have all our classes together

I kissed his cheek and slid out from under him. We both got ready and walked to school together on the empty streets of Derry. His hand rested on my waist as we walked into the high school.

The hallway was busy, and as we walked past people, they all stared and whispered. I looked up at mike and nudged his side

Eddie: what's going on?

Mike: I don't know... let's go find the others

We speed walked into the library and we found all the losers. (The losers back then were just Bill, Stan and Bev)
They all looked...sad.

As the doors shut behind us their attentions snapped up to us.

Bill ran over to me and ripped me from mikes grasp.

Eddie: what the hell!

Bill: just c-come over here...

He walked me over to Stan and I looked back at mike who looked just as confused. Bev stomped over to him and got a firm grip on the collar of his shirt.