killing to forget

four years later

          "I still don't know why you willingly participate in these fights

"I still don't know why you willingly participate in these fights."

Mid-strike against an invisible enemy with a sharp, silver sword which glittered, its welder paused, allowing for her arm to drop against her side as she breathed heavily, allowing for sweat to drip down her face. Slicked back with sweat into what had once been a tight braid, her dark hair now came undone in tufts as she turned, her body fatigued with exhaustion despite the grin that tugged at the corner of her mouth, a strapless bronzed chest plate glinting in the lights of the training room as she turned to the woman that had spoken, shrugging nonchalantly with what looked almost like a smirk.

"C'mon, B. You drink to forget, I fight to forget."

'B', nicknamed from the first letter within her name by the woman in the ring, Brunhild, rolled her eyes as she folded her arms across her chest. She wore a similar chest plate to the woman with a sword, however hers was darker and she was not sweating at all, her dark skin glowing, her hair perfectly styled in knots as white marks streaked her face, her body free of exhaustion. Unlike her friend with the weapons, Brunhild clutched a half empty bottle alcohol as she leaned up against the walls of the sleek training room, eying her friend's sharpened sword wearily as she stood within the fighting ring.

"You kill to forget, Aura."

"You're the one that brings me the contenders," turning away from Brunhild, Aura didn't let her friend see how her comment had gotten through to her, poking at the mat with the tip of her sword. "Besides, you've never cared about people's lives before."

"Fair enough," Brunhild lifted up her bottle with swagger, tipping it back so that all of it's contents filled her mouth and ran down her throat, a faint buzzing sensation piercing through her head as she swallowed, wiping her mouth with her bare arm. "But what could be so bad that you have to kill to forget?"

"I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours," Aura's easy going smile was back on her face as she turned to the woman she had grown close with on Sakaar, the closest thing she had found to a friend during her four years on the alien planet.

"Can't," Brunhild was smiling tipsily. "I've forgotten."

"Classy," Aura snorted as Brunhild's bottle smashed against the floor. "I'm gonna go get the big guy, he wanted to practice some new moves. You coming?"

"Nah," Brunhild's tipsiness was evidently already beginning to fade as she straightened up, pushing aside shards of glass from her bottle; she had always handled her alcohol better than anyone Aura had ever known. "Gonna go check the junkyards to see if there's anything useful. I'll send a message if I find anything so you can go to the cells and scope 'em out before you fight them."