adopted or complicated

"I'm upset! I'm very upset! You know what I like about being upset? Blame! Right now, that's the mindset that I'm in

"I'm upset! I'm very upset! You know what I like about being upset? Blame! Right now, that's the mindset that I'm in. And you know who I'm blaming?"

     Striding forwards in between Brunhild and some man named Loki, Aura's footsteps echoed within the enormous red chamber the three had been summoned into. Speaking hastily was the Grandmaster in all of his golden glory, descending through midair on a floating golden pedestal of some sort, his hands noticeably shaking as he spoke to the three of what he thought were his most loyal subjects, dozens of guards facing all of them almost menacingly as they stood behind the Grandmaster.

     "Grandmaster, I -- " began Loki.

     "Hey!" Interjected the Grandmaster, Loki falling silent. "Don't interrupt me!"

     "Here you go," Topaz, the Grandmaster's far too loyal assistant, was already handing him the infamous melt stick.

     "Why are you handing me the melt stick?" Demanded the Grandmaster.  "He was interrupting, that's not a capital violation," he refocused, turning back to the trio that stood before him. "My precious Champion has come up missing and it's all because of that Lord of Thunder," he turned to Loki. "It's all because of him. Your brother."

     "I didn't know he had a brother," Aura turned to Loki. "You don't look like him."

     Slicked back black hair which curled at his shoulders, Loki was tall and lean unlike his incredibly muscular and blonde brother Thor. His skin pale as snow, his face pointed, Loki wore a green and black suit made out of a leathery material and spoke with a slick voice, his dark eyes always glinting with a glimmer of mischief within them. He truly did appear as the polar opposite of Thor, they didn't even speak in the same manner, let alone look anything alike.

     "Adopted," responded Loki, his voice just as accented as Thor's.

     "Adopted or complicated," broke in the Grandmaster, attention returning to him. "I'm sure there's a big history. And he's your contender," he looked at Brunhild and then to Aura. "And he was your future competitor -- maybe. No, I was going to have him fight you and then shock him at the end just in case he was winning. Not that I doubt your skills, my little Power Princess."

     Aura gave him a curt nod, wanting him to shut up.

"My dear friend," said Loki smoothly. "If you were to give me twelve hours, I could bring them both back to you."

"Aura and I could do it in two," countered Brunhild.

"I could do it in one," said Loki firmly.

"Thirty minutes," Aura said. "Thirty minutes and they're right here."

"You know what?" Asked the Grandmaster rhetorically before Loki could make some ridiculous claim about doing it in fifteen minutes. "I woke up this morning thinking about a public execution. But for now I'll settle for this sweet little 'whose gonna get him first?' So," Grandmaster made a shooing motion with his hands. "You're on the clock. Go."