Chapter III

- Flashback -

Opening the door to his house, Alexander DiMonte let out a breathy "finally" as sweat dripped down his forehead from warrior training.

He'd just become a Head Guard, therefore he had to work harder and be present more often then others.

"Alex?  Is that you?" Autumn called from their bedroom.  She was draped across the bed horizontally, elbows propping her up as a book rested in her hands.

"Yeah, it's me! Don't worry," he hollered, lazily taking off his fitted boots and going for the kitchen hungrily.

Quickly rising, Autumn scurried down the stairs to find Alex combing the storage room. He was in sweatpants and loose-fitted white T. A bag remained at the door, containing his armour.

"Go sit down, babe. I'll heat up some food for you," Autumn smiled at him, playfully hip bumping him out of the kitchen. She was currently dressed in a silk, white nightgown.

"I missed you."

.

"Food was delicious, thank you so much," Alex said, kissing Autumn's forehead and bringing her close.

She sighed happily before pushing his sweaty figure off of her and scrunching up her nose dramatically playfully.

"Go take a shower, Romeo."

.

The rushing water coming from the shower-head abruptly stopped. Autumn's book was back in her hands as was she back under the covers, leaning against the bed frame. She smiled to herself.

How do men shower so quickly?

The bathroom door opened, revealing a half naked Alexander, steam flowing out from behind him like a God.

His crimson red hair already had a hand combing through it as his radiant brown eyes shone at Autumn's, his faint dimples and toned stomach at her full display.

Autumn attempted a wolf-whistle before winking at him, "Come on, babe, our entire bedroom is going to have fungus everywhere if you don't close the door. How did you even manage to conjure up all that steam?"

Alex closed the door before walking towards Autumn. "I had a fog machine installed while you were working at the bakery, duh."

They shared a laugh.

———

For those of you who don't enjoy and are sensitive to smut, please click off and pretend that the chapter ended here. You're not missing anything 'important' to the story, anyway. Just know that they made love~!

———

"So... it's just you and me here," Alex said, staring into Autumn's lustful, nature green eyes.

Autumn giggled, "Yeah... it is."

Alex pounced onto Autumn, his nips and bites covering her neck.  She grasped onto his back, pressing her body against his as soft hums filled the air.

Eventually, Autumn threw her head back in satisfaction, a small pool forming inside her stomach.

She seemed to melt against him and let out a breathy moan when he hit her sweet spot. More liquid filled her stomach.

A rush of adrenaline filled Alex when Autumn arched her body against his.  Hastily, he wiggled off his towel and threw it to the floor as he noticed Autumn's book laying beside her.

Not wanting her book pages to crumple up, he moved it to Autumn's bedside table, going unnoticed by his lover.

He left sloppy kisses going up to meet Autumn's jawline, before he attacked her bottom lip.  Soon after, plunging his tongue into her mouth while lowering her dress straps.

Soon enough, Autumn's dress was crumpled around her waist as Alex licked her nipple and blew cool air into it, sending chills down Autumn's spine.

"Are you sure you want to do this?  Just want to make sure you're not secretly drunk and aren't gonna smack my ass tomorrow for tonight," Alex joked, before staring into Autumn's darkening eyes.

"I do," Autumn smiled as she slid off her nightgown.

After adjusting, Autumn's moans and Alex's grunts were all they could hear.  There was an occasional bed creak.

"A-Ah!" Autumn hardened around Alex before her legs started shaking, an indescribable feeling overwhelmed her. Both of their hearts were pounding against their rib cages.

"I-I'm-!"

.

.

.

They both collapsed onto the bed, exchanging quiet, "I love you"s now and then.

It was well past 3:00 AM and the atmosphere fell into a comfortable and loving silence before Alex whispered,

"I guess I can ask for a day off tomorrow."