Chapter V

One Month Later

Pain.

Pure, cruel, pain.

Every single day, life became more unbearably unbearable for Autumn Stephenson.

Several days ago, she was thrown into a small cage with another failed escapeè, and they had to fight to the death for survival. The 'arena' was deep underground, where no one could hear her cries or whimpers. She won, she survived since the other wolf begged for the sweet essence, the unimaginable craving of death, and forced her to kill him.

A single swipe, and she became a murderer.

Honestly, she was the one who would've liked to leave for the afterlife, but pity overcame her.

She gained nothing after.

Just a tired body and no extra food. If anything, a portion or two was taken away from her.

There she was, laying on the floor, back in her cell. The red paint of her torture and the blood of her pack mate mingled together on her bony body as she formed a fist in her hand and softly sobbed for the loss that she committed.

Suddenly, BANG!

Screams followed. The hollers of the guards lining the prison halls were slivering underneath her door as the floor almost shook with the vibrating stomps of feet.

Autumn's heart was racing faster then she could comprehend, for a moment she debated if she had a heartbeat at all.

What was happening? She thought, a ball of unease and anxiety being chucked towards her.

Bang, bang, bang.

Her heart was almost breaking with all the losses of her pack mates she was feeling.

Then, it hit her.

A war was brewing.