Chapter IV

Autumn

As I was being carried away, I couldn't help but shake in the overwhelming anxiety I felt.

But it was all soon taken away when I felt a small poke in my arm and fell into unconsciousness, not aware of what awaited me.

.

.

.

1 Month Later

"Ah!" I screamed in pain, positive that my next door pack mate could hear me, suffering the equal and excruciating pain that I felt.

Ever since day 1, I've been tortured, starved, and left to rot away.  They've chained my wrists to the wall, allowing my entire body to hang diagonally.

I can't feel my hands, and my wrists have cuts and bruises on them from the cuffs.  They unchain me at the end of the day, though, to ensure that I don't lose a hand. I'd need critical medical attention, and they don't want me to ever see beyond this hell hole.

"I can't believe that you tried to escape, you useless whore," Alpha Lawrence whispered into my ear, before spitting into it.  He took a whiff of my scent, and visibly gagged at my body odour, making me ashamed of something that I couldn't control.

I was disgusting. I guess a month without a shower would do that to you.

After he set back the spiked bat that whipped into my stomach back onto the Torture Wall — where it was accompanied by many different tools — he undid the cuffs that restricted me, allowing me to fall onto the ground with a sad thump.

Remaining on the cold ground, lowering my eyes, I managed to let out a hoarse, "Thank you, Alpha." while he exited the room and brought in the food scraps from the packs' dinner.  It wasn't much, considering that he also needed to feed the other prisoners he held captive, but it was enough to get me past another day.  Beside my dinner was a glass of tap water.

Slowly savouring life, I ate and drank like there was no tomorrow.

When I finished, I crawled on the floor to put the plate and cup beside the left side of the door.  Once, I set them down on the right side and...

Shuddering, I dragged my body back to where it previously laid, curling up into myself as I closed my eyes.

Suddenly, the dim lights were brighter then the sun's rays.  My eyes ached immediately, even though I closed them.

They don't want me to sleep.