六 ‖ SIX. ☄

"You know, we should probably hang out together someday." LING CHAO suggested towards the customers— that one group of girls that always come whenever he has a shift— as he finished taking their order.

The brown haired girl of the girls replied, quite taken aback, sometimes happiness just arrives when you least expect it. "Uh, um, I mean, sure! We should definitely hang out someday—"

"—I'm sorry to interrupt, dear customer," CAI XUKUN bumped Ling Chao aside, replacing him as he smiled at the girls, "I'm afraid that it couldn't happen. Maybe after shift, but for now Chao is forbidden from inviting any of you." He glanced at Ling Chao, the latter shrugging, "It would be against the rules." Once again, Xukun flashed a kind smile at the customers, his hands collecting the menus at the same time.

"Oh, okay..." Disappointed and somehow embarrassed, the girls still agreed anyway.

As they were about to leave, one of the girls stopped Ling Chao, "Wait!" She took out a nicely decorated jar of candies, "Here, thank you for the great service!"

Raising a brow, Ling Chao smiled uncontrollably at the sight of the attractive candies, "Thanks." He gladly and happily accepted the present. Xukun just watched them, not planning to stop them. Accepting gifts from the customers are not going against the rules so he didn't see the point of doing so.

Now back to the counter, Xukun sighed at Ling Chao, "Bro, you gotta stop flirting with the customers."

The candy jar was now placed at the counter.

"Huh?" The "prince charming" looked at Xukun, confused. "I'm not flirting with them. They're always there so I thought why not be friends. It'd be fun."

"......" Xukun doesn't know what to say.

"Dude, I bet he didn't mean to flirt with them, maybe he's just a natural flirt." JUSTIN commented as he returned from the washroom, probably heard all the conversation already. He went back to his position at the counter.

"Uh, whatever. Go give the orders Chao," Xukun shooed his fellow coworker away to the kitchen and continued his job, heading to a table that wanted to order.

"Hey Justin pass me three menus." FAN CHENGCHENG, returning from the kitchen to give his order, said as he neared the counter. A group of customers just entered.

Without looking, Justin took exactly three of the menus and passed them to Chengcheng, the latter took them and mumbled a "thanks" before walking away again.

Sometimes, Justin is glad that his position during this shift is being the cashier. He really can't imagine walking around being a waiter at the busiest hours, man, that's awful. He'd rather stick to the cashier counting money and watch the customers frown at their bills. Hah, much fun.

"You look suspicious. Take off that weird smile Justin, you're gonna scare the customers." ZHU ZHENGTING grimaced at him. Probably back from serving dishes, he wiped his hands with the cloth behind the counter and drank some water.

"Pft, they won't. And I bet I looked good." Justin snorted as he displayed confidence, that kind of confidence that would get one annoyed. "Little thing, don't even get me started." Zhengting acted like he's gonna hit the boy and of course Justin believed it. He closed his eyes but the pain never came, and opened them to only see Zhengting ready to leave the counter already.

"Go away you oldie, shoo shoo get out my territory!" Playfully with a little bit of unpleasantness, Justin pushed Zhengting away, earning a glare from him.

"Watch your words Justin, I ain't old." Zhengting threatened, before leaving to get the food Table 9 ordered.

--- ---
hola hola, support NEX7's (YUEHUA BOYS) debut track "Wait A Minute"!

skRR SKRRRRRRT