Part IV

Some people spend their entire lives trying to be someone important. Sometimes it's to the point they don't realize that they are important to loved ones. The wolf howls at the moon, how lonely he is. But, he doesn't know the other wolves also howl at the moon with him, they are just not in the same place, nor at the same time. The flowers bloom in the spring till the end of summer and then die in the fall. How many lives must we lose before we notice that they are the important ones? The ones who mean the most. The ones who put us on pedestals. But, then you jump from that pedestal into the depths of the ocean. You are alone and the pressure from the water is making your lungs collapse and the air has left with your soul. Your soulless eyes watch as the light from above is fading into a small opening and then you're left with nothing but your own thoughts. This is Hell.

The door opens and it's Aiden, he leaves before Kaori can even realize this. 

But, that isn't what Kaori sees. He sees Mitchell, his mirror, his twin. Tears filled his eyes they look at each other and crisp autumn leaves fall around Kaori as goosebumps cover his arms and a smile tugged at his plush tiers and a nervous heart flutters with the utmost joy. "My brother.." He said and Mitchell walks to him and they touch each other's faces and foreheads touch as he keeps close as he can.

"I thought I would never see you again, I thought you were-" Mitchell smiled and placed a kiss on his twin's temple, holding him. "You see me everyday you look into the mirror." He whispered and turned so that they both could see their reflections. "Every time you look in the mirror, please know that I am with you. I am with you everyday in your heart. We shared a womb, we share a mother. I am alive with you." His eyes close and Mitchell is gone. A visible look of heartbreak is seen and he is looking around, there is nobody.  

In the fall everything turns a beautiful color and then it dies. In reality Kaori is standing alone in his room, his hand out to the mirror and tears raced down his cheeks, racing to his jawline and crashing to the floor.  A sadness is overcoming him, one like no other. They took him. They took his brother. The one person who understood him. 

Upon coming back to his senses, he hears Aiden speaking--No, screaming. He is screaming. Pupils dilate and Aiden is a monster. He tore the home apart and he did so with such strength. "Mama? I.." She ran to hold him, sobbing. "Your father he's hurt! I--" Kaori nods. "Aiden." Was all he said and then nods just to hold onto the other. "Don't move, I'll see w-what is happening." She nods and Kaori ran to the door, seeing Aiden off in the distance.  His mother runs out. "You tell that boy to not think about comin' back 'round here!" She said to close the door and tend to his father. He struggled to find where he left his bike. He turned to let his eyes fall on the stable that housed the family horses. 

Upon walking into the stable, his favorite mare huffs at him. He smiled happily and would place a hand on her snout. They share a bond like no other. She is happy to see her human. He gets her dressings on, all but a saddle. He doesn't believe in those. Soon, he is racing against the wind on Constances' back. Her white mane compliments her black and white spotted body. "Slow down, girl.." But she doesn't. She feels the fear within Kaori. Hooves patter against the loose graveled room, she jumps over obstacles. 

It's soon, after him calmly telling the mare to be calm, she stops when she is near Aiden. It was as if the horse was being guided by Mitchell and Kaori wouldn't lie that he was not afraid in that  moment. What witchcraft was this? He slips from her back and soon he is on his feet. He ties her to a sturdy tree and ran to Aiden's side.

"Aiden, please wait! Stop moving so fast, please!" He begged as he would move in front of him, walking backwards with him before his position. He finally gets him to stop moving. "Aiden, please look at me. Aiden." He grabs his face and makes him look at him. "Aiden. What happened?" He asked as his heart started to beat. There was no way that he would explain what he had seen in his room. He couldn't dare risked being called a name that wasn't true in his mind.

He would delicately caress his face and that's when it happened. "It's me.. Mitchell. Please tell me what has happened, Aiden. Talk to me." In his belfry, Aiden sees this reality as a bad dream. He stares at the other boy with a broken stare. Tears welled in his own eyes. Fingers move to his face as he would begin crying. Aiden's face leaned to the shorter male's forehead as he kept him close. "Mitchell, tell me what they did to you." He asked and then leaned back. Kaori said nothing and just leaned in cautiously to Aiden, kissing him ever so lightly.

Aiden's eyes widen, but he kisses back. Wind whips around them, embracing the pair in the barren countryside. Nobody is around to see this. Kaori had always been jealous that Aiden liked Mitchell over himself, but Mitchell wasn't here now to tell Kaori he was annoying or not wanted in the group. He would just smile and lean back and see those once pallid cheeks had colors, as did his own. Aiden's eyes opened and then he spoke. "Go home and sleep, you need to rest.. Go rest." Kaori spoke as Mitchell and his hand slips from his face and turned to walk toward his mare and mounted her, holding the reigns. 

He rides off into the sunset and returns the horse to her stable. Eyes closed and he feeds her. "Thank you, Constance. You're a great horse." She neighs happily as she devours the carrot. He leaves her and goes inside to assess the damage that is his father's literal bloody face. Honestly, he felt his father deserved this in a way. Aiden was now more like himself. He needed mental help. He eventually washes his face to change into his night clothes, sitting on the edge of his bed.

When you look up at the moon, remember that I too am looking at the same moon from Heaven. That when you are standing in the sweet September sun, I'm feeling the rays in Heaven. When the clouds rumble and it rains, it's only my tears washing away your pain. My dear, sweet, loving brother. We will become the sun and moon and only see each other for a moment's time, no more and no less. 

-Mitchell, your dearest brother.