Julian Brandt- Cousin Love

I stared at my make-up as I tried to figure out how I was going to cover the massive bruise on my eye. My boyfriend for the past year had hit me last night and I am to hang out with my cousin, Julian Brandt, and some of his teammates. Yes my cousin is the world famous German soccer player, but I didn't see him as some famous guy that kicks a ball around. I see him as an older brother and a best friend. He sees me as a little sister and best friend. This means that he is super overprotective of me, especially in regards to my boyfriend, Joe. He doesn't like Joe at all and thinks that I can do much better. He would also go ballistic if he ever found out Joe hit me. I know that I shouldn't stay with Joe but I'm scared what he would do if I left him. I snapped out of my thoughts and realized that I need to meet the boys soon so I had to speed up doing my hair and make up. I had to go for a dark smokey eye, something that is not apart of my normal make up routine. I then rushed to get dress so I could meet the boys at the restaurant.

I walked into the small restaurant and saw Julian sitting there with some of his national teammates such as Manuel Neuer, Thomas Muller, and Joshua Kimmich. I smiled when I saw the guys all sitting there, laughing. All of Julian's teammates have become like brothers to me and I love all of them. 

"Hi bubs," I said as I kissed Julian on the cheek and a hug. I then greeted the rest of the boys with hugs and took a seat in between Julian and Manuel. I instantly opened the menu and started to look at it so to keep busy. I had the menu on the table and was trying to use my hair as a barrier so the boys didn't notice my heavy make up. I had the bruises on my arms covered by wearing a long sleeve shirt. 

"So how's Joe," Joshua asked. I quickly tugged at the sleeves feeling as though a bruise was peeking through even though I knew they couldn't see the ones on my wrists.

"Uh he's good," I quickly said as I peeked up to look at Joshua and smiled. I quickly lowered my head back to looking at the menu. There was an awkward silence that settled over the group until Manuel broke it. 

"So Bri that's a new look."

"Uh yeah," I tried to think of an answer quickly so the boys didn't get suspicious. "Joe thought I should try something new and I wanted to show it to you guys and get your opinion before I showed him. What do you guys think? "

"I don't like it, Bri" Julian quickly answered. All of us jumped at the speed and tone which he responded. "I also don't like that he is making you change your look for him."

"Stop it Julian," Thomas interjected. 

"Be nice," Joshua said. Manuel patted my hand, trying to comfort me. "Just let her be," Joshua continued.

"I'm sorry that I don't appreciate that some douchebag is trying to change my cousin. She deserves better than him," he exclaimed as his voice got louder. I quickly looked around making sure that no one had hear Julian's remarks. Ever since Joe had started to get hostile towards me, I try not to draw attention towards myself, usually when that happens he gets angry and hits me. 

"Julian," I harshly whispered. "If you aren't going to respect my choices then I'm leaving." I grabbed my purse and started to get up but Julian quickly grabbed my wrist to try and stop me. I let out a gasp as Julian had grabbed right where Joe had grabbed and dragged me by when I angered him the other day. Julian instantly let go of me when he saw the pain flash across my face. 

"Bri," Thomas whispered and it was at that point I knew I had to explain to them. 

"Why don't you guys come back to my apartment and I'll explain," I said. The boys silently followed me out of the restaurant and back to my apartment. It was tense as we rode the elevator up to my floor and the walk down the hallway. I slowly unlocked the door and let the boys filtered in. They all silently sat down in my living room while I walked down the hall to my bedroom and grabbed my make up wipes and headed back into the living room. I sat next to Manuel on the love seat as Joshua and Thomas sat on the other couch. Julian was pacing the area.