Info ☾

Every single word that came out of Jin's mouth confused you. It felt like a whole new language, yet he was speaking as if you should understand it.

Why were you the only one here that didn't know about this stuff? For whatever reason, Jin waited to say anything about the necklace.

You still didn't exactly understand the full purpose of the necklace, though. Many questions were forming inside your head the more you thought about what he said.

How exactly could the necklace protect you? It didn't seem to make any logical sense to you.

Also, what did he mean by you being the only wolf of your kind? Wasn't that a bit strange the way he even worded it?

Maybe you were thinking too much, but Jin seemed to notice that you were practically clueless about the things he mentioned a few moments ago.

"I suppose you should find out more about the necklace in that one book you took," Jin said, seemingly unaffected.

You flinched a little after he said that. He knew about the book, but he didn't say anything about it. You wondered why he let it slide like that.

"O-oh.. I suppose.." You didn't know what exactly to say, so you just agreed awkwardly with his words.

A smirk was on his face, becoming more apparent as you saw. "You didn't think you would get away with that, did you? Haneul still doesn't know, but I planned on giving you the book anyways. I looked for it, but it was missing, so I assumed you must've already taken it."

You shyly thanked him. "O-oh. T-thanks."

He looked at you and said, "Don't worry, I'm not mad. Haneul might be when he finds out, but I'll deal with him later for you."

You nodded, unsure of what else to say now.

"So.. you were a wolf back then even when you gave me that necklace?" You asked, curious. You wondered how he was able to hide it so well during all those years that he was your friend.

He nodded, confirming your suspicions. "Yes. I was a wolf even when we were younger. I wanted to tell you the truth so badly, but I was worried you wouldn't take me seriously back then."

You laughed a little, agreeing with him. "I suppose I would've probably thought you were crazy. I didn't believe you initially at first, but I've learned to accept it."

"Um, so, I guess when you marked me, that would make me the alpha female, or no?" You asked, feeling a bit uneasy about being an alpha female. What would all of that mean for you? What kinds of responsibilities must you take as an alpha? You were so inexperienced with this stuff, it was kind of worrying for you now.

He nodded slowly, but then quickly assured you. "Yes. It makes you the alpha female, but don't worry too much about it. I take on most of the responsibility, and I'm sure you'll do just fine."

"Ah.. okay. When.. do the roles.. 'switch' between you and your father?" You asked.

"Well, my father only has the position for a few more weeks, and when the times comes, we'll be the new 'leaders' -if that's what you want to call it," Jin explained, but still not giving a definite answer like you were hoping.

You sighed, thinking things over. What all did the role entail for you? What about him? Would it really be okay for someone who doesn't have any idea to take a role like that?

Jin rubbed your back, trying to calm your ongoing nerves. "You'll be fine, trust me."

"What exactly does the female alpha.. do?"