Chapter Four

Wut Is Up My Peps! Here is another story brought to you by me, the glorious TheoOno! Jk. Without further ado, here's a story for yo face!

Briarlight's P.O.V

One day, Briarlight and Jayfeather were doing one of their daily exercises in the lake. Jayfeather screeched when got in the water, " This lake's colder than the cool, chilly, winds of Leaf-bare! "

"That's because you're as fragile as a mouse!" Briarlight and Leafpool both said. Leafpool was there to see all the progress Jayfeather was making for his recovery. And of course to help, since she was you know, crippled and all.

"That's not true, and you both know that! Hey, Briarlight?" Jayfeather asks.

" What, Jaaay. " She said lovingly.

"How are you?" Jaybae asks again.

" Gre-" Briarlight starts.

"On and scale of one to ten, because you're the NINE, and I'm the ONE you need." Jayfeather interrupts.

" Ha! Oh my gosh, that was so cheesy, Jayfeather! " Briarlight exclaimed.

"Really, I was practicing that the whole way here!" Jayfeather complains.

" You mouse-brain! What kind of she-cat do you I am? " Briarlight asks.

" I pretty one! " Jayfeather said, pushing his muzzle into her face, smiling.

Briarlight pushes face away playingly. "Oh my gosh, Jayfeather."

Leafpool's P.O.V.

It was nice being a elder. I had also lost a lot of my sight during an battle against Wind Clan. I had my eye scratched out, one fully, the other one I could see little out of. Because of this, I retired to the elder's den prematurely. Apprentices bringing you food everyday, having my bedding changed out everyday. Also, listening to Purdy's stories was nice too. Purdy was old now. Leafpool suspected, sadly, he probably wasn't going to last another Leaf-fall. I also, sometimes helped Jayfeather with medicine cat things, after all, I did use to be one.

After the exercises, it was pretty obvious to me that Jayfeather and Briarlight were going to be mates now... She decided to talk to Jayfeather about it. I found him sitting by the fresh-kill pile, Jayfeather having a small mouse and Briarlight having a rather plump looking vole.... Jayfeather looked very nervous and timid.

"Hey, B-b-briarlight, I-I love y-you, and I-I would l-like for you to be my m-m-" He starts nervously asking before Briarlight started gaging. A few seconds, and Briarlight is full on choking. A few seconds more, and bile comes up due to reflexes. Gross! It stinks!

" I must have choked, sorry everyone." Briarlight said, while everyone else around her moves away in disgust, losing their appetite.

"Wait, what's that?" Leafpool asks spotting big, red, glossy berries in the puke.

"Those look like deathberries!" All three of them shout at the same time. (duh Don duh!)

"Who did this!" Jayfeather shouted furiously.

Jayfeather's P.O.V.

Jayfeather was so mad. He was just about to ask Briarlight to become his mate and somebody had tried to poison her! He suspected of was Breezepelt. It made since since.(1) He didn't care about crossing borders. (2) he was probably spying on us again from the bushes. (3) say, he caught a piece of prey, and filled it with deathberries. After all, Briarlight didn't kill the vole, she found it right outside the clearing to the lake... Ahhhhh, he was so mad!

"Who did this!" He shouted.

He stormed off to his den. After awhile he decided to check on Briarlight. She had to be ok, hadn't he loved her enough!

"Hey Briarlight! Come here please!" He called.

"Ok!" She called back.

" Let me check your throat to make sure you didn't swallow any deathberries. " He said softly.

" Ok. " She said

After checking her throat, and calling the ok, Briarlight left, and he somehow managed to go sleep. When he woke up, in the middle of the night, to make dirt, he couldn't go back to sleep so he decided to sort through some herbs.

"What are you doing up this late!" Briarlight hissed.

" oh, I, uhhhh... " Jayfeather searched for words.

"The moon's not even down yet!" Briarlight complained.

" Sorry... " He apologized.

" Jayfeather, are you ok? " She asked him.

"No the love of my life almost died today! And the killers still out there!" She blurted out.

" We'll do an investigation tomorrow, have you had thoughts about who it might be? The culprit, I mean? " She asked

"Yes." He said softly.

"Who?" She asked again.

" Breezepelt, it makes since. " He said.

"I guess" She said back, half-heartedly. "Well, let's try to get some sleep." Briarlight said falling asleep.

After Briarlight's soothing words, Jayfeather fell asleep to the sound of her soft breathing.

Awwwwww, it's so cute, I ship it all the way...Hope you enjoyed. Looking forward to making more! Vote, comment, tell yo friends if you liked. See ya my pepz.