Epilogue

Gakud watched the two young men as they ran away from the building. He stared at them from the window of the old Filipiniana Library. Beside him, stood a frail-looking woman who was holding a diary close to her breast. She was also watching from the window, as both young men faded from the courtyard of the vicinity.

"Do you think they know?" asked Esmeralda Dizon to Gakud, the love of her life.

"Don't worry, they know nothing," said the big man, as he looked down at the old Ms. D. "The boy's name is Isaiah, an intelligent young man. He must have suspected, but as far as they know, you're dead, my love. Nobody knows that I revived you from your theatrics a long time ago." Gakud walked past her. His muscular body created a pillar of a shadow inside the library, as he took his huge sweater off and placed it on the table; leaving a black long-sleeve sweater and a pair of ragged jeans.

"It wasn't just theatrics! I was ready to die, Gakud," Esme's voice was higher this time.

"I know. I wanted to know where your loyalty lies. That's why I revived you, Esme. Remember that," said Gakud, as he turned around to face the old woman, with a sinister smile on his lips.

He then reached out to gently take off the dastaar from his head, releasing the four taipan snakes that were attached to his skull. As the Sikh turban fell to the ground, the beasts stretched out to their full lengths, even reaching the ceiling. All of it hissed and glided in different directions, searching for something until two of them settled in their master's shoulders, while the other two snaked upward, facing front. The huge taipan snakes hissed as they faced Esme who stood rigid with fear. Four sets of red eyes were blinking and hypnotizing her. Her will was no longer her own, she started to step forward, but then Gakud's voice cut deep into her mind, severing the connection. As she gained her consciousness, Esme stepped backward a few times to stay away from the beasts.

"My strong warriors, Esme is not your meal. I'll have something for you in an instant, but you have to leave her alone," he said gently to the hungry pets. They were unsettled for the past few days, and obviously, they were hungry for human blood, and Gakud would give it to them. He was so close to seeing Valeria once again, and he was planning on seeing her. But this time, he would make sure that she could no longer escape. Esme was his loyal disciple, but now she is old - and soon, she will die. Aside from the fact that she was human, Esme couldn't bare him an offspring. Only Valeria could do it, and for that, he would do anything to get her. Giving the diary to the young man was just the first move of his plan, now that he has Valeria's attention. He also knew that Valeria met with the boy, and he could grab her by then. But he restrained himself from doing so, he believed that there was a right time to claim what's his. After all, he enjoys good theatrics.

He dismissed Esme and asked her to leave him alone. She nodded and bowed her head as she left, closing the door in her stead. When Gakud closed his eyes, the picture of Valeria flashed into his mind. How lovely she was, as she sat at the café while talking to the young man. She was a paragon of beauty, his true match, and his creator. She was so close that he could smell her scent from afar. He was standing across the street, hiding in the dark, watching her. She was so close that he could hear her laughter, the laughter of an angel. All through the years, she hasn't changed a bit, the lovely goddess of his dreams. He wanted to look into those deep brown eyes and hear her voice whispering his name, as he takes her into his arms for that long awaited embrace. She was too close for him to lose her again. It would kill him if that happened and so, he had to be smart for his next move.

"I will have you again, my love. I will have you again in my arms," he whispered.

He opened his eyes as he stared into the unknown, and then a smile stretched his lips revealing his fangs.

"Valeria, we will rule our little kingdom. I will murder everyone for you. They, who have vanished you. I will take everything from them. I will make you my queen, as I am your king."