Ending

(Because this is important for an surprise, i'm going to share the ending. Also, I made it based on the gif above, which gave me inspiration for this fanfiction. Just- don't judge. I haven't watched Wonder Woman in a while, so i'm going off my memory and watching bits of the Gala scene on Netflix.)

Steve and Aphrodite stood outside Gotham Museum, which was where the Gala was held at. They both knew what was going to happen next, but they both just arrived here.

"So, here's the outline of the plan." Aphrodite began, "You go inside, say that your a friend of Bruce Wayne, that's important because he will meet you there. (Yes, Aphrodite came to Bruce in a dream, saying that to stand at the entrance at exactly 8:30pm) Then it's just your strategic spy skills i've been hearing you brag about."

Aphrodite placed a hand on Steve's shoulder, his old clothes transforming to the suit similar like the one he had back in the gala in 1918. (Don't worry, his beautiful hair is like the style in 1918, not like the *sniffle of laugh* one in 1984)

"And one more thing before I leave, please take good care of Diana. She's been through so much you probably wouldn't understand. So I beg of you, take good care of my precious niece, I want someone in her life to stay strong to go with the good and the bad. I bid you farewell, Steve Trevor, I hope to see you again in the future."

Steve looked over in Aphrodite's direction, where he had found that she left. He sighed as his ran his hand through his hair. Standing there, he had thought what to say to Diana.

After five minutes or so, he finally got the courage to walk towards the entrance. Like what Aphrodite had said, Bruce Wayne was standing there.

-

Bruce saw a figure walking towards the entrance, and he instantly knew who it was. Diana had spoken to Bruce one night, telling him everything about what happened in the war and about her & Steve's relationship. He had looked exact how she described him. 6'0 tall, light brown hair, baby blue eyes.

As Steve approached, he couldn't help but think to himself.

Wow, now I regret saying 'Did Steve Trevor tell you that?'

Before the guard could ask him who he was, Bruce scrambled for words, "I-It's alright, he's a friend, seriously it's alright. Come in."

Steve looked at the guard and Bruce before nervously walking inside next to Bruce. As they both began to walk, Steve broke the awkward silence with, "So your Bruce Wayne?"

"You must be Steve Trevor? The man Diana talks about whenever we ask something about the war." Honestly, Bruce didn't know what to say, for god sake the man was gorgeous than Bruce's expectations (Bruce loves himself, alright).

Steve nervously laughed as he sighed sadly, "I miss her so much, but now i'm here, and I can't wait to see her again."

"Didn't you don't know, do you? " Bruce asked.

"Know what?" Steve replied, questioning what Bruce was going to say.

Bruce sighed with a pitiful look on his face, "After you died, she had depression. I'm trying to say that she has PTSD. The war, it quite traumatised her a lot. I ask why she kept on living her life like that, and she always replies with 'It's what Steve would of wanted, I'm doing it for him'. Sometimes, I would come to drop off something to see Diana curled up, crying with a watch in her hand. She told me everything, and that she's awaiting your return. She has been, seriously, it's been 99 years, 100 in November (It's true, Steve died towards the end of November). It breaks my heart, seeing her like this over one person. She has feelings for you, but she never got the chance to say it at the right time. Steve, go and see her. I want the happy Diana I know, her life is incomplete without you. There's a hole you left in her heart, and she wants you to fill it again someday. That day is today, basically tonight."

Everything Bruce had said was true, he wanted Diana to be happy. He wanted Steve to fill that space that he had left, yeah, he might of only knew the guy for about 20 minutes, but he knew everything about him (Diana told Bruce, of course. What would you think, Bruce with binoculars in the bushes in Mount Olympus? Ya'll crazy if you thought that.)

Bruce sighed, "I think your the only thing that makes her happy. Every Valentines day, when I throw these Gala's, she's always miserable. Go on, make her day." He smiled before walking up the stage.

-

Diana stood there, her arms crossed as she watched Bruce Wayne walk up on stage. His girlfriend, Selina Kyle (who Diana knew) was waiting for him. Seeing couples kissing and giving each other gifts on Valentines made her feel empty inside, thinking about what would happen if Steve was here. What she didn't know that he was standing near her.

Dressed in her short velvet dress, a gold pendant connected it together, which shined with the light, black heels, her hair in a neat bun with golden drop earrings, light makeup. She stood there as Bruce spoke.

As Bruce kept on talking about love, she had thought of all the lost time she and Steve never had. She missed him, and she wished him to be alive.

"Diana." A male whisper called, but she just brushed it off as Bruce continued speaking.

"Diana." Her eyebrows furrowed before her gaze lightened at the familiar sound of the voice. She turned around, wondering who was trying to get her attention. There he was, Steve Trevor. Standing there, staring into her eyes.

No, this has to be a flashback of the Gala. It must be, he couldn't be alive and here in this Gala in Gotham Museum. She couldn't believe her eyes, it must be fake.

She turned slightly to see that Bruce had finished talking, so she turned around and just looked down at the ground, closing her eyes before opening them and turning around again. He was still there. She walked towards him, looking up at him.

"It cannot be, your just an illusion." She whispered as she looked at him, "My PTSD must be playing up again."

"No Diana, it isn't." He replied, "I'm alive."

"I saw the plane explode! You died! It cannot be, it's not. Your just playing with my head." Diana had tears brimming in her eyes, "Your dead."

"Diana, listen. I'm not." Steve knew it was no use trying to convince her.

She didn't know if she should believe him or not. There was only one thing that could convince her. Slowly, she leaned in so their foreheads would be touching, tilted her head slightly as she placed her lips on his. She felt him kiss back, his hands on her waist. What seemed for an infinity, they both broke the kiss.

"Your alive."

"We have more time."