1: His Anger

JAIME'S POV (Hay-me)

The only thing I can feel right now is hatred.

Scarred white sheets covers and a sick human body beneath lying under. I've never been this furious in my life before. The machines are ticking with sounds that irate my ears but what made me angrier is watching my most trusted buddy, lying and his bones almost popping.

The only things that keep him alive are the machines that surround the room.

All of this happened because of that damn woman, his ex-girlfriend: Barbara Romero. I hate her so much I want to kill her. I want to send her straight to hell where she belongs. She will pay for what she did to Piolo.

Her name angers me, I rather punch the walls to destroy my knuckles than hear her irritating name. Her images on the internet even make me sick.

"I-I love... Barba... ra..." Piolo whispered, trying to move bleakly but stops the moment he felt another pang of pain on his bones.

What a pain.

All I can do right now is watch him with pity. His life won't be long and I hate to think my buddy will be gone sooner or later. Piolo is one of the most trusted friends I had in my bachelor's. I don't measure our friendship through family status or background but he's one of the very few men I found worth trusting.

We were always happy buddies, partying together in college, riding horses and motorbikes during vacations, and helping each other's back when we're in trouble. But right, things like that won't be possible to happen again...

He could boast about his muscles and abs including his hardened chest, comparing them to mine and all I could do is boast about mine too. That muscle and abs he used to boast are now gone, replaced by skinny extremity that shows the trails of his skeletal system. His cheeks were deep and his eyeballs are almost popping due to his severe weight loss.

We've never seen each other but after a year of going out in our ways, I received a call that he's admitted to the hospital after his recent girlfriend dumped him. Doctors said that the cause is liver cancer. I refused to believe it.

All-day, all night all he says was Barbara here, Barbara there and Barbara everywhere. Then this woman, Barbara Romero, was the girlfriend that dumped him before being admitted to the hospital. How dare this noxious woman do that? Who the hell does she think she is?!

"Get well soon, dude. You don't have to waste a tear for that hag. She doesn't deserve you." I coldly stated, pulling his covers over him. His lips were dull, colorless and he has bags under his eyes. What an annoying sight.

"I-I... It-... is..." His voice came out in a whisper, trying to talk as clear as he can but his voice didn't make it. Severe cancer he suffers has impediments in his pharynx, making it difficult to talk normally.

"Stay here Piolo. I'll make sure she pays for this big time. I'll make Barbara Romero regret the day she was born." I muttered, staring down at his skinny and paper-thin state.

That damn woman didn't just destroy him physically but emotionally and mentally. She ruined his heart too. She's the root of everything that happened to Piolo and I'll never forgive her with that.

Piolo's mother, Sandra, opened the door of the private room, carrying a basket of fruits. She always stays here every day to look after her son, sometimes we shift for a little time to buy food and toiletries.

"Thank you so much, dear. You're a big help to both of us. " She started and gave me a heart-warming smile, placing the fruits on the fruit bowl beside Piolo.