2: Her Lover

BARBARA'S POV

The cool breeze from the opened window blows my unpleasant mind. Watching the green pasture in front of me made me feel in complete ease. I'm still in the process of moving on from my heartbreak. I should forget about him after finding out he's fooling around with another woman.

I sighed.

My smartphone vibrated on the table, and I'm sure, the flirty Billionaire bastard texted again for like a hundredth time today. I opened the message to read an annoying bunch of sick words.

"Have a good sleep, darling. Good night."

Jaime Kings. The first time he texted was a week ago, barging in my office and introducing himself as a suitor. He wanted to be my suitor for an unknown reason.

Flirt.

I'm not that kind of girl who falls in love with cheap conversation ever since my ex cheated on me. Piolo promised me that I'm the only woman in his life but I was dead wrong.

And this Jaime, his handsome face always appear on tabloids and newspapers as the sole successor of the Kings' company and Enterprise. Compared to the company I inherited from my parents, the Kings' company is the highest rating business in the continent. I'm nothing compared to them but why is this man wooing me when there are other women out there running after him?

Maybe he wanted something from me but I'm not giving in. The path I walked on isn't easy, reaching who I am today. The business I handled wasn't stable when my father, the founder, appointed me as the new boss. There's no way I'm letting bastards like my ex rob me of what I worked hard for.

I met Jaime several times but only this time that he asked for my blessing to make him my top notch suitor. I'm still trying to investigate his intention. If it's money, why would he bother when he's already rich? If it's my virginity, well, it won't surprising.

My two big sisters married the men of their dreams, leaving me alone in the continent. I can run the family business by myself so I don't have to worry.

After my breaking up with my ex, I don't want to involve myself anymore with any men. I just lost my trust to them.

***

The noisy ringing of my smartphone bothered me. It ruined my beauty sleep. My supposedly happy day turned to chaos.

Harshly grabbing my phone to check the caller, I instantly turned it off and went back to sleep. The morning chirps of the birds outside are far better than annoying calls from Jaime.

The smartphone started ringing again and I definitely rise up from the covers in complete irritation and answered the call.

"Why are you calling first thing in the morning?!" I absentmindedly yelled from my throat and I can feel my smartphone creating a little cracking noise from my hard grip. Damn, this man is frustrating.

"Oh, you're not greeting me 'good morning'?" He playfully scoffed and a chuckle followed after. That made invisible smokes come out of my ears in irritation.

"Damn you." I ragingly replied and slammed my phone on the table to end the call. If that's the only thing he'll say to annoy me, he can go damn himself for what I care.

Early in the morning, it's not yet seven! I can hear another round of ringing from the cracked smartphone. Though I want to shut my phone, my hands make ways to answer it, defying my mind.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" It feels like I finally burst out unprofessionally. First, this man ruined my sleep and second, he annoys me.

"Relax, darling. I hope you didn't forget the date today." He sweetly stated. I rolled my eyes and went back under the covers. This man surely is more annoying than Piolo.