Chapter 3

Next morning, I woke up early and went towards the river bank.
It was so peaceful. Everything felt so real; like never before. Cool breezes, nature all around, it all felt so magical.
We live in a world where everyone's always running. People are running to their offices. Students are running for schools. Everyone is in so much hurry to get things done. No one waits. Everyone keeps crying about those little things which when seen from a broader outlook, isn't important at all.
All have heard "Live in the Moment" thing but has anyone ever stopped to admire those constellations in the night sky or beautiful paths embellished by autumn leaves?

Later that morning, everyone was made to assemble in the open stage area. The instructed said,"Now, the wait is over.
This year we are going to have Austin Maldon as the special instructor!!! And not only this but whoever wins the final jam, gets a chance to record a duet with Austin Maldon!!"
"Whooooo....." everyone hooted.
This was the main part of the whole thing. This was going to be the life changing opportunity I wanted. Everyone knows about Austin Maldon. Infact my own sister is like his biggest fan-- the crazy fangirl. I don't understand what's so fascinating about him.
He walks down the aisle onto the stage, carrying his smile so gracefully, hair blowing in swift breezes, ocean blue eyes. I suddenly realise that he is looking into my eyes. It feels like there's a connection.
And... I was so stupid. The next moment he was giving the same smile to the other girl in the corner. What was I thinking, its a part of his lavishing life and career. It was his smile that his fans could die for.
He reached onto the stage. He started singing. The place got filled with his mellifluent voice. It was so heart- warming. I wonder how my sister would have felt if she were here. She is going to be so excited when I tell her this.
Later that morning, we had our class. Everyone was sitting in their chairs. He entered.
"So who's going to go first?" He asked.
Everyone raised up their hands with excitment. I faced down. I didn't want to go first at all. But...
"Okay, you. Come here." He said pointing his fingers towards me.
Oh no!!
I went there facing down. And then I started singing my original song- Perfect. I finished and for my surprise everyone clapped except that Cathy. She looked jealous. But I don't give a damn about that.
"Really good for a start, huh. Was it your original?" He said.
"Umm, yeah." I replied. And then I went back to my seat.

The day got over fast. It was night.
"What are you doing at this hour?" asked Mitchie awaken by my lit lamp.
"Nothing, actually I was just working on my song for the final jam."
"You are going to perform solo?"
"I was thinking to."
"Okay. Goodnight." She said