Chapter 5: The Day Of Final Jam

PART ONE :-

Finally, It had come. Today was the final jam.
I woke up early in the morning and started practising. At about 8 am, I felt like someone was watching me from the window. But when I went to the window there was no one.
Later on I went out with Mitchie for breakfast. We left hurriedly because we were getting late. I left my song notebook on the side table.

We were having breakfast and for our surprise Emma, Emma Moore wasn't there with her girl gang. I hated her. Ever since I met her she gave me such cunning looks, I don't know why.

Everyone was so busy with the preparations.  We went back to our cabin. I reached out for the table to get my song book but it wasn't there. I panicked. It had all my notes and the lyrics. Mitchie saw me.
"What happened? Why do you look so worried?" She asked.
"I can't find my song book. I clearly  remember that I kept it one the table before we went for breakfast. Without it I won't be able to perform today evening. How can I be such a fool to lose it?" I said while searching here and there.

"Okay don't panick, we will find it. Let me help you"

We searched for like half an hour or so but nothing. I started crying.

"Oh my God. Why are you crying? There's no need to cry. I know how much you are capable of winning. You don't need a piece of paper to win. Okay?"
Mitchie said trying to console me.

"Okay stop crying and come with me."

" But where?"

Mitchie took me to the lake. It was the place where I always felt so good. The cool breeze always felt calming

"Now listen to me. You don't have to worry about it. I know how good you are and I trust you. And you have to believe in yourself. You wrote that song and that song came from your heart. So let your heart sing today. You are the best, and everybody knows that. So don't worry. It'll be a hit. Wasn't  that your own song ?"

" yeah but-"

"No buts. Believe in yourself Nina. Do you understand?"

" Yeah I do. Thanks so much . I love sooo much." I said hugging her.

"I know that." She said laughing. And I realised that Mitchie was completely  right. I don't have to worry about losing the song book because music comes from my heart. AND I CAN DO IT!!

******
I got ready. The event had started. The judges were going to be Austin and the famous music director Zach Williams. My performance was the last. During our previous encounter Austin had told me that he always does meditation before his show or concert. He said that it helped. So I tried. I was meditating. And it actually gave me strength and composure.
My performance was the last and Emma's  performance  was just before mine.
" OMG! I don't  understand how people can dare to perform even after losing their song book and that too dare to perform solo." Emma said in a taunting voice. I instantly knew that it was her who had stolen my song book because I hadn't told about it to anyone else except Mitchie. She must have stolen it at breakfast time because she didn't even come for breakfast as well.
All I wished at that time was to punch her in the face but I stayed calm or else it could affect my performance and I cannot risk it. I decided to look into this matter after the event.

It was her turn and she went for her performance. After a minute or two I heard a sound.  It was like the mic had fallen. And I don't what had happened  but my turn came sooner; like Emma's  performance had not been finished yet. I went and now it was my time. Time to shine bright.