Chapter 6

"Come onnnnn," he pleaded, tugging at my wrist and pouting. I rolled my eyes in frustration, knowing he wouldn't give it up.

"I'm not becoming goth, just joining a band," I huffed, snatching my wrist from Oli's grip. 

"You're leaving me, going to New York, let me have this at least," he pleads further, and eventually I give in. Oli has a way with his words, and his actions, I always gave in. He may be more of a dominant figure, though he can become this soft, adorable little boy, who needs what he wants, and I cannot deny him for the life of me. I've known him for a long time. It's pretty odd how much you can find out about someone's personality from regular, paid sex. I may not know everything about his past, or what he's like when he goes ice skating, what he's like at work, but I know him in ways no one else does. I know what he's like when he's about to orgasm, the way he pants down my ear, I know what makes him weak. I know what he's like when he wakes up, I know what he's like when he wants something, I know him as much as I need to. I don't know much about his life outside our "relationship," nor am I that interested. I grabbed my jacket off his bed with my left hand, as my right was being pulled down his stairs. He slipped on his shoes and tied my laces for me, before heading out, holding onto my hand again, this time lacing his fingers with mine. I could lace my own shoes. I don't know if it was laziness or just the way he liked to take care of me, but he liked to do simple things like tying my laces. We rushed down the street, my eyes glancing down to our hands, his fingers intertwined with mine, my palms lightly sweaty over the contact. I wasn't exactly used to him holding my hand, unless we count him pinning my hands above my head, or behind my back or -

He pulled me into the tattoo parlour, the glass door slamming behind me, startling me. I expected the glass to shatter behind me from the impact, but Oliver seemed completely oblivious to how hard he slammed the door. 

"Oli! Hey man, you don't work today?" said the man behind the counter, smiling but turning the statement into a question, eyebrows full of confusion.

"Well I have a client today," he said grinning and nodding his head a little, gesturing to me. I smiled awkwardly at the man who returned my smile.

"Alright then, nice to see you," he replied, looking back down to his paperwork.

Oli looked at me, his eyes sparkling and smile wide, taking off again into the back room. He opened the door to a pristine white room that reeked of antiseptic, a man tattooing a woman on the left. The man looked familiar, probably seen him at the cafe. The woman was laid on a bed, her bright orange hair draping loosely over her shirt, which was actually pulled up to just above her waistline, revealing her lower back which was being worked on by the artist. 

"Gabe?" Asked Oli, his gaze kind of confused but irritated. Gabe lifted his head, his dark brown hair lightly flopping over his eyes as he pulled away the device from the woman. "Where is Ryan? He's meant to be at work today." His eyebrows were furrowed and the "strict boss" mode of him kicked in. 

"Called in sick. Again," he sighed, rolling his eyes and going back to work. 

"That's it I'm firing the asshole. If he can't do his stupid fucking job he isn't going to fucking work here," he grumbled under his breath while preparing the station. He let me sit down, wiping his work area and I could feel my pulse pick up.

"Oli I don't know if this is a good idea..." I trailed off. 

"Oh give over Alex. I don't want you to forget me," He grinned, pausing to look at me. 

"As if I could," I smiled back. If we were a couple I could cue a kiss there. But we weren't. Never would be. He washed his arms intently, hands, fingernails, arms, elbows, everything. He then dried them off with paper towels and pulled on some black latex gloves, grabbing a pen and smiling at me. He prepared the area behind my ear, then began his masterpiece. I didn't have a clue what he was going to do, but he promised it wouldn't take long. Once he was ready he took his tattoo gun and began. I felt the needle prick into my skin, over and over and over again, feeling like cat scratches initially, but the longer he took the more it stung, the skin burning and my ear most likely bright red from the rush of blood. It took him maybe 15 minutes? I wasn't looking, I kept my eyes squeezed shut and my teeth clenched together, feeling him fill in what he was doing, then wipe, ink more, wipe. I felt the needle stop and heard the sound of the gun being placed away.

"All done," he said proudly, tracing the design with his fingers. I stood up stretching my limbs. I was super tired after our morning... workout. I stood in the mirror, glancing at the design. I admit it was cute, just a small and simple skull and crossbones. I was expecting something like his name, but I'm glad its just a small reminder. A small area, inked over by Oliver just to remind me what I did back in the UK. Maybe it's not the best thing to remember? Surely starting over in New York I should push these things past me. Then again he's been a big part of my life. He's helped me out with money and kept me company. It's better than a necklace or something I'd lose. Though I do still have many of his clothes. 

"I actually really like it," I grinned in the mirror, feeling his arms wrap around my waist and lips press to my neck.

"I'm glad." His voice was soft, content, at peace. If this was going to make him happy then so be it. He gave me some aftercare advice and we went back up to his house for me to collect my clothes. 

"I still have lots of your clothes at my place," I say as he hands me some shirts I didn't remember leaving here.

"I don't mind. Keep them," he smiled, watching me stuff my clothes into a bag he also gave me.

"But you just gave me a free tattoo, bag and now my clothes and you don't want yours back?" I asked, a guilty tone to my voice. 

"Alex please. I've kept my favourite clothes I got from you. I can't part with them. And you know I have money, you don't, just let me make you happy," he smiled. I sighed, giving over. 

"Would you do something else for me?" I asked, feeling awful for asking for more despite how much he has already done for me. He nods. "I need to sell my apartment. Could you sort it out for me? Or your parents? I'm leaving tomorrow and it takes longer than that to sell an apartment." 

"Of course Alex, it's not an issue," He grinned. Wow I was grateful for this boy being in my life, even if soon he wouldn't be anymore. He drove me to my apartment to help me pack, though we stopped off at the cafe to let Jonathan know. He wasn't happy, though I could tell he was glad I was making a career finally, after moping around for so long. Oli fascinated me. He was just a fuck buddy, yet he cared enough about my career to help me out. My skin was still in pain, the soothing lotion not really doing it's job. We pack up most of my things and he promises to take care of everything else once I leave. I hand him a spare key and exchange a long goodbye kiss.

"I'll miss you," he whispers, his forehead pressing against mine and I return the words, meaning all 3 of them, and kiss him once more. And he's gone. Just like that. Forever.