We're Totally Lost

"We're lost," I look back at the road. "We're totally lost, aren't we?"

"If we are lost, then guess who's fault it is?" Drake snaps at me.

"Shut up!" I raise my voice at him. "I don't want to hear it!"

"You should have been telling me directions, instead of talking to your marshmallow sweetheart," He retorts.

I huff in my seat. He's right. He's totally right. But he's still pissing me off.

The car suddenly begins to sputter and the engine slows down drastically.

"What's happening?" I question, sitting up in my seat more. "Why are we stopping?"

"Out of gas," He suddenly says, pulling over on the side of the road.

"Out- Out of gas?!" I screech. "Why are you out of gas?!" 

"Well," He starts, parking the car and pulling the key out. "Someone convinced me that I didn't need to buy any, since the cabins were so close."

He glares at me, and I sink down in my seat. He's right again.

"Look," I take my phone in my hand. "I'll just call Betty and she can come and get us!"

He seems satisfied with this answer, and he relaxes back into his seat.

I quickly dial in her number, and wait on her to pick up. It rings about three times before she answers.

"Ms. Hana!" She exclaims. "Where are you at? Everyone is waiting on you!"

"I know, and I'm sorry, but me and Drake are lost on the side of the road with no gas! Can you please come pick us up?" I ask her frantically.

After a couple of seconds, there's no answer.

"Betty? Are you still there?"

I pull the phone away from my ear to see the phone screen black, with an empty battery flashing on the screen. It soon goes completely dark.

Uh oh.

"What did she say?" He asks, looking over at me.

"No battery percentage..." I mumble, sheepishly smiling and clutching my phone to my chest.

"You've got to be kidding me," He snaps. "How did you manage to screw up everything today?"

"Don't be mean!" I whine. "I didn't mean to! I just wanted us all to have a good time!"

Its dark outside completely now, and the inside of the car is pitch black as well. I can only see the outlines of Drake's upper body due to the dull moonlight.

"Just use your phone," I pitch the idea to him.

"You think I wouldn't have already?" He barks. "Its in my suitcase in Betty's car."

I sigh, and lean back into the chair.

The outside surroundings seem rather creepy at night, and I'm glad I'm inside the car.

An hour must have passed of just us sitting in silence. I watch outside the car carefully, always on the lookout for a murderer that may come walking up the road at any minute.

"What are you thinking about?" His soft voice suddenly breaks the silence, and I look over at him.

"Nothing," I lie. "I'm just looking."

"You're scared aren't you?" His voice is playful, and I turn my head away from him.

"No, don't be ridiculous," I lie yet again.