Chapter 2

We all got into the car and headed to the park. The drive was quiet for the most part, Nora and Norman was catching Luka up to speed on everything that's happened in the last four years. But that did give me time to think, and I decided that I was going to tell Luka tonight.

"About time!" Oh, shut it."

Vixen just chuckled. A few minutes later we finally arrived to the park, Nora and Norman quickly jumped out of the car and ran to the jungle gym thing that the park had. Laughing I followed them to the playground and sat on one of the swings as Luka started to gently push me making me smile as I watched my brother and sister play with huge cheeseburger smiles.

It's been a few hours now and it's gotten a bit windy, but when the wind shifted that's when a horrid smell of rotten garbage and syrup filled my nose, it was faint, but I could smell it. I don't think that Luka could smell it since he didn't react and do to the fact that it was faint and since I'm a fox my senses are heightened and stronger than a wolf's.

"Rogues."

Vixen said softly. My eyes widened as I quickly jumped off the swing landing on my feet.

"Nora! Norman! Code 5!"

They both stopped and when they heard me yell code 5. They both knew that when I say code 5 that they knew that I smell rogues, but not normal rogues, the rogue pack that's been after our family's fox powers for centuries. Their eyes quickly widened as they ran over to me panicked as I got into a fighting protective stance. I closed my eyes to heighten my senses. Listening, hearing... and waiting.

"Jakie? What's going on?"

Luka asked as I heard him walking closer.

"Shhh and stay as quiet as you can, she smelt rogues, the rogue pack to be precise and she's listening and smelling for them right now, trying to figure out where they are."

Nora said.

"But I didn't smell any rogues." Not surprising, Jakie's senses are stronger than the normal wolf."

Norman said. Wow, thanks Norman for that one.

"Norman, if I tell you to take Nora and run, do it. Pick her up and run home and warn mom."

I said opening one of my eyes to look at him. He nodded getting ready to pick up Nora and run if I told him. He was very strong and fast for his age. That's when the smell got stronger, Luka could now smell it causing him to growl deeply as I heard a twig snap, my head shot towards the direction that it came from, and out from the woods walked out two men, the first one had black hair and gray eyes, he was thin and muscular, he was tall but not quite as tall as the second guy, the second had to be at least 5'11, he had short light brown hair and hazel eyes, he was also thin and muscular. I recognized them immediately. Charles Everett, the second in command, and Jace Harrison, their general.

I growled pushing Nora and Norman further behind me, but it wasn't a normal wolf growl, my fox growl came out causing Luka to look at me confused, but the two guys just smirked. I growled again my eyes flashing to my fox's amber color for a split second as a warning. They both just stopped.

"What are you doing here Charles?"

I said through gritted teeth and said his name with venom clear in my voice. Charles just chuckled. When Luka realized that I knew them he turned towards me quickly.

"How do you know them?" Like Nora and Norman said in the car, you missed a lot over the past four years. But I'll explain everything later, but not now."

I said not taking my eyes off them, not even for a second.

"Oh Jakie, you already know what I want, or rather what Milo wants." He's not getting it, so why don't you both just crawl back to your master."