Chapter 4

Me, Nora, and Norman just picked up mom and at the moment we are heading to town for dinner before the movie and then we plan on going bowling after and I'm quite excited for that. It used to be our thing, every Sunday night Mom, Dad, Gideon, and myself would go to dinner, then to a movie, then go bowling. I'm looking forward to being able to do this again with mom, Nora and Norman were too little to go with us at first, but now they can finally join the fun.

We finally got to the restaurant, it was fairly busy, but luckily I made reservations beforehand. I'm just smart like that.

"Wow, looks like they've become really popular over the years, also looks like they've renovated this place too"

Mom said looking around. I nodded.

"They did renovate it, and it definitely has become a recently popular place to eat in the last two-and-a-half years. That's why I made reservations ahead of time, and just you wait till you see what table it is"

I said smiling widely. Mom smiled and pulled me to her side.

"Oh, I'm so proud of you, you really have grown up so much, and when Luka becomes Alpha you'll probably be the best Luna that this pack has seen in many generations. After all, ever since you were little you would always help out around the pack, and when you shifted, well when you found out that you and Luka were mates you always helped Emma with her Luna duties"

I nodded smiling. That coming from mom meant a lot to me, and it was true Emma, Luka's mother, the current Luna, she was my mentor and like a second mother to me. She taught me how to be a great Luna and how to take care of a pack, especially one our size. She and Finn, the Alpha were the only other ones who knew about me being a fox, both me and Mom will always trust them with our life. She told me that the only way that I can properly take care of a pack was to put them first next to my mate and to treat them and to think of them as my own children. She told me after I completed all my lessons that she was really proud of me and that I'll be a great Luna, greater than her.

(Flashback, 1 year ago)

It was late one afternoon and I just finished and successfully completed my last Luna lesson from Emma, and to celebrate, she plans on taking me out for some ice cream. We were at the ice cream parlor and we just sat down with our cones, Emma got vanilla and caramel, and I got mint chocolate chip.

"You know Jakie,"

She started. I looked up to her to see her smiling warmly.

"I am soo proud of you, you will be such a great Luna, no, scratch that, a marvelous Luna. The best Luna that this pack has probably ever seen in more than 150 years." Do you really think that?" Sweety, I don't think it, I know it. The entire pack has loved you from the very beginning and you've always put them first, sometimes even before Luka. I remember this one day, so clearly."

She said staring off into space.

"You were about 12 and Luka was 13. The two of you were playing soccer outside with a bunch of the little ones, Luka fell and twisted his ankle, so everyone took a break for a bit. But you noticed that one of the smaller kids were being pushed around by some of the older kids, I think that the little boy was around 6 or 7 and the other four boys were about your and Luka's age."

Her smile widened as she continued to relive that day.

"Instead of helping Luka to the bench on the side of the field, you left him there on the ground and went to go help the boy without a second thought. You two were soo incredibly close, and we knew from the very beginning that the two of you were going to be mates, it was clear that the mate bond was showing itself early. As I watched you stand up to those boys, I knew, I knew that you would be the Luna that this pack so desperately needed, and surprisingly your Luna voice was already seeping through too, but when the boys still didn't back down, you punched the oldest and biggest right in the gut, sending him to the ground. Luka was trying soo hard to get up and help you, but to no avail. It was quite funny actually"