01 | Down

"You know exactly why

"You know exactly why. Because of your father."

"Hey. Hey! Rise and shine sleepy head!" She heard a certain someone say as they smacked her in the back of her head.

She groaned out profanities with her face still plastered on the wooden desk, honestly peeved that they had woken her up from her nap. "Why couldn't you have left me alone, Jihye?"

"Because it's too early in the year for you to have senioritis, Moon Jisoo," Jihye said with honest concern dripping from her voice. Jisoo sat up and examined the sight in front of her with a sigh.

"Yeah? And it's too early for me to be seeing that in front of my face," Jisoo retorted, pointing straight at Jihye and her boyfriends interlocked hands. "It's 8 am for crying out loud."

Jihye sniggered and pulled their hands up to her mouth, giving their hands a peck as she told Jisoo, "You're just going to have to get used to it, my dear friend."

Get used to it, my ass.

"Just get out of my sight already," Jisoo muttered toward her best friend as he chuckled. "Fine, fine, we'll let you rest, lazy ass."

"You shouldn't be one to talk, Chae Hyungwon," Jisoo spoke his full name and watched as his mouth twitched. They never called each other by their full names, ever.

"Goodbye, Moon Jisoo." He smugly replied, waving his huge hand way too close to her face. Jisoo smacked it away and watched as Jihye dragged Hyungwon to her seat in the front of the classroom.

Jisoo blew her bangs up and out of her face as she observed the two.

Chae Hyungwon had been her best friend since they were seven and they both met Jihye in their freshman year art class. Hyungwon had hit it off with Jihye immediately, while Jisoo had only talked to her because Hyungwon hung around her; way more often than Jisoo had liked. Then this past summer the inevitable happened. He confessed to Jihye his feelings for her.

Now stood the couple Jisoo saw before her eyes.

It hurt.

It hurt more than she thought it would.

Being in love with Hyungwon was something Jisoo knew would be futile, but she fell in love with him nonetheless. He wasn't the air she needed in order to breathe or anything like that. Jisoo had learned from an early age that love wasn't that grand of a thing. She had tried so damn hard not to love him because she just knew it would leave her feeling empty.

And empty it left her, every time she saw him with Jihye.

Jisoo had learned though, that some things just couldn't be prevented.

Jisoo suddenly felt something bump into the back of her chair, effectively snapping her out of her creepy staring and turned around to see a broad back inches away from her face.