05 | Moon U

The following day, Jisoo didn't show up for literature again

Minhyuk swallowed down the thickness in his throat, his stomach sinking an inch further each time he turned to glance at her empty seat. He fidgeted in his own, finding it hard to keep still. It was frustrating. He was worrying for nothing. She seemed completely fine when they parted ways - but that didn't stop his mind from racing.

Everyone's body processed drugs differently and it had been obvious it was her first time taking any type of drug recreationally. He shook his head vigorously, as if he could eject the thoughts in his brain that way. In reality, it resulted in nothing more than his platinum blonde hair blocking his vision.

"I'm beyond worried, Jihye. I haven't heard from Jisoo and she's not the type to stay silent when she's absent. At least, not with me," The tall lanky guy that sat next to him whispered toward his girlfriend. Minhyuk slowly and calculatingly moved his hair out of his face.

"Hyungwon, calm down. I'm pretty sure she just came down with something. She'll be fine." Minhyuk watched as Jihye continued to assure her Hyungwon, smoothing down his hair where he had previously run his hand through it. Various things didn't sit right with Minhyuk when it came to that couple. From his observations so far, he gathered that Jihye was obviously manipulative, but Jisoo seemed important to Hyungwon. So, why was this Hyungwon guy such a coward? If he wasn't going to check on Jisoo, then who was supposed to?

Again, no. She had parents and possibly other friends that would surely be concerned about her. It was her fault for not informing herself on what she was taking, anyway.

It had nothing to do with him.

He huffed out a frustrated breath and pouted into his mask, choosing to lay his head down on his arms. The worksheet that he had been assigned to do wouldn't get done in this state of mind anyway.

"I wonder if it'll really be okay. Jisoo didn't look so well these past few days. Plus, we were supposed to have a sleepover tomorrow." Hyungwon avoided eye contact with Jihye as he uttered his last sentence and Minhyuk squinted his eyes in realization. Hyungwon hadn't told his girlfriend about his plans. His and Jisoo's plans. "Now, why would that be?" Minhyuk mouthed as he sunk further into his arms, trying his best to seem inconspicuous.

Coward.

Jihye in turn, had gone red in the face. Her pale complexion along with her apparent temper left nothing to the imagination. "A sleepover?!" She whisper-yelled at Hyungwon. "Are you forgetting that she's a female and that we're currently dating, Hyungwon?" She continued as Hyungwon's jaw worked, visibly pissed himself. "Yes, actually, because she's just a friend. I don't think of her that way. I think of her as my best friend and nothing else."

If either of them went to check on Jisoo, all that Minhyuk could foresee was a disaster. An emotional one that Jisoo didn't need if she was still suffering from side effects, and if he could prevent it, he was going to.