02 | Sun & Moon

"Jisoo honey, come here," I remember my mother calling me with such a sweet voice

"Yes, mama?" I replied as I quickly ran over to her, my small feet echoing throughout the spacious house.

"Do you want to move to a nice new house?" She asked me with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

"No, I like this one mama," I said with a pout.

"Really? You don't want a house with a bigger yard or a bigger room?"

I shook my head adamantly side to side.

"Okay baby," She said simply as she patted my hair down.

As a child, I was oblivious to a lot of things, but thinking back now I could have sworn her eyes were watery.

Jisoo woke up abruptly with tears soaking her dark brown hair.

She hated those types of dreams. She would go through and analyze memories that she had long ago buried deep within herself. The dreams used to happen occasionally, but now they happened more often and it made her never want to sleep again.

She looked toward her night stand and read the time that brightly shone in large white numbers. "6:23 am," She whispered and looked up towards her ceiling. Maybe if she got ready for school now and dashed out the front door, she wouldn't have to deal with her mother. With this in mind, she got up and quickly brushed her teeth and put on her uniform. Just as she was making her way down the stairs, she heard a noise come from behind her.

"Good morning," her mother's slightly accented voice filled her ears.

"Crap," she exhaled and quickly responded, "Good morning, ma," as she continued her way down the stairs. She crept up to the fridge and stuck her face inside it, hoping it would somehow get her out of what she knew was coming. "Come and sit down. I said we would talk and now we have plenty of time to," Her mother said in a stern tone. When Jisoo stayed glued to the fridge she heard her mother sigh.

"Moon Jisoo."

"Yes?" She stuck her head out with her hand still on the refrigerator handle, but saw the frustrated expression on her mother's face and quickly stopped her antics and sat down.