03 | Sleeping Sickness

"Jesus, Jisoo

"Jesus, Jisoo. You look terrible," Jihye exclaimed in shock the next morning.

If she could strangle Jihye for being an insensitive fuck, she would have. Hyungwon was the only thing preventing her from lunging at her and throttling her senseless.

"Hey babe, why don't you go ahead? I have to talk to Jisoo about something," He calmly told her, but Jisoo could find the subtlest hint of annoyance in his tone.

Had she mentioned that she loved Hyungwon? Because she totally loved him to pieces.

Jisoo watched as confusion washed over Jihye's face before she nodded her head and made her way to her own seat.

"What's the conversation topic about today, turtle?" Jisoo smiled up at him with as much happiness as she could muster, which wasn't much, but she was hoping he was so blinded by love that he wouldn't notice. "You." He looked at her with nothing but worry in his eyes. "What's going on with you? You look like hell, yet again."

Jisoo tried to force back the happenings of yesterday from her mind and stay present.

"Yeah? Well, I feel like it," She retorted as her smile faded. There was no point in lying to him, Hyungwon would see right through it.

She looked to the side and observed as the new kid, Minhyuk, strolled into the classroom. He had the same hoodie on, but a different mask today. This time his mask had the shape of a bear's face on it.

Well, that's adorable Jisoo thought.

Hyungwon huffed, "Is it your parents again?"

Jisoo gave him a knowing glance and looked back at Minhyuk, only to be startled by his once again piercing gaze. She flinched and looked back quickly towards Hyungwon who bent down to her level. "Do you want to come over this weekend? Have a sleepover? It'll be just the two of us, just like old times. You can tell me all about it."

Jisoo felt her heart speed up at the sudden proximity and the promise of good times. "Yeah, sure," She replied while nodding.

"Okay, deal." Hyungwon blinded her with his radiant smile as he got up and left.

Jisoo sighed into her hands. She missed him so much. Missed being in his presence all the time, missed his melodious laugh flowing through her ears. She took her gaze over to Jihye who was laughing at something Hyungwon had just told her and felt her heart clench.

She must be some sort of masochist at this point, with all the staring she did. It only did her harm.

Jisoo cleared her throat and got out her literature book, hoping that at least for today she'd be spared of having to deal with Jackson Wang.

--------------------------------------------------

How very wrong she was.