04 | I Wanna Be Sedated

He watched as all his classmates piled into his literature classroom; giggling, play fighting and flirting with each other

He watched as all his classmates piled into his literature classroom; giggling, play fighting and flirting with each other. He rolled his eyes and adjusted his black mask that was somewhat tickling his nose.

Minhyuk was absurdly early today and already longed for the school day to be over.

"Where's Jisoo?" He suddenly heard the tall lanky boy that sat next to him ask what Minhyuk assumed, to be his girlfriend. They were holding hands after all.

"That's strange, she's usually here before us every day," He overheard the lanky boy's girlfriend say. She moved to sit behind her boyfriend, evidently unbothered by the absence of this Jisoo.

Minhyuk smirked as he crossed his arms over his desk and put his head down. People were always interesting to observe, for the sole fact that they were never who they seemed to be.

"I should text her. Maybe she's sick?" The lanky boy said, seemingly struggling within himself. Was it that hard for him to send said Jisoo a simple text? What was stopping him?

"You know, you worry too much. I'm sure she's fine and even if she's sick, Jisoo's perfectly capable of taking care of herself," His girlfriend stated, her tone light and airy. "Leave her alone for now, okay babe? If anything, she's probably just running late." Her voice went up an octave in mock positivity.

"You're right. I should at least see if she comes to school first or not." He smiled at her and lightly kissed her on the nose.

Minhyuk squinted at them from where he sat, truly amazed that the boy couldn't see through his girlfriend's façade.

"People, settle down and take your seats. I'm going to be handing out a worksheet that you'll work on for the rest of the period." Mr. Kim walked in, already giving out instructions as he always did. Minhyuk found it fascinating that he wasted no time and got straight to business as soon as he arrived. He was easily his favorite teacher by far.

Minhyuk looked to the overly attached couple and saw the lanky boy staring off at the side of the classroom, where an empty seat was.

He suddenly realized who they had been talking about, finding it odd that he hadn't put the pieces together before.

"I'm sorry. I-I must be in your way. Here let me-"

He remembered how her arm had felt under his hand. She had been so warm, it had caught him completely off guard. Minhyuk had honestly contemplated whether she was running a fever or not, searching her face that had gone a bit pale, but quickly decided it was none of his business anyway.

So... her name was Jisoo.

--------------------------

Jisoo woke up with her head pounding, feeling like her brain was ready to jump out of her skull.

Despite that, the rest of her body felt oddly relaxed, especially since she couldn't remember a trace of her having any type of dream or nightmare.