00; NIGHTMARES

"RACHEL! ARIS!" I shout terrified over the screams of the others, trying to run towards the Shade hole.

"WATCH OUT!" I hear Sonya's muffled voice by the Shade's shreiks from behind.

I turned my head over my shoulder, gasping for air and I faced a huge, bat-looking creature, with saliva and slime bleeding down it's mouth. My breath cut for a moment, scared and panicked of the monster's image, in front of my eyes. The instinct worked, with the mix of the adrenaline flowing in my veins and my heart pulsing faster, I pulled the wooden spear and I let out a cry of rage, almost imitating it, I stabbed the enemy with all my strength.

The beast started screaming in pain, while uncontrollably moving it's wings, blinded and hitting people on the icy walls. I quickly plucked my spear out of the creature's face, my jaw dropped in terror and I ran back to the girls. I accidentally bumped on Harriet, who was trying to stab another Shade with her spear.

"SORRY!" I apologised yelling and she nodded, undetarred throwing it towards the monster that was blocking our exit out and approaching to Aris and Rachel.

"WHAT'S THE CODE, HERMIONE?!" I heard her question altered by the screams, Sonya and Harriet covered me as long as I'll be telling the code out loud.

"FLOAT, CATCH, BLEED, DEATH, STIFF, PUSH!" I screamed in response and I could see her fingers, burning like fire, while scribbling it carefully.

A Shade, climed up on Sonya exposing it's gigantic claws-nails and my eyes widen. While a war with girls fighting against the Shades for our freedom;

"HOLD ON SONYA!" I screamed and run towards the girl.

"WE'RE COMING!" Harriet continued sprinting with the same speed as me to our friend.

The monster must sensed our approaching and it turned it's head to us, hitting with it's sharp wings Harriet and throwing her on the cold Maze's ground, violently, while she traumatised her head, weakened, laying back on the snow, while frozen blood had been covering her forehead.

I quickly blended into the spear in the Shade's belly, with a cry of outrage, rescuing Sonya. It started screaming and it fell to the ground moving it's spare body parts like a maniac, obviously trying to blend out the spear.

"Thanks Mio" the blonde girl tried say but a huge 'boom' cut her sentence.

Suddenly the raven beasts collapsed. My sight caught Rachel, who walked out of the Shade hole, with sweat covering her face, then Aris followed behind. I looked confused and she smiled at me. I could read the words in her mind, like a bright neon sign with the words 'We made it.' I managed to let out a weak smile, which faded quickly and the scene changed, with us into the creator's office. Harriet was here too, but weaken from the Shade attack.