03; THE STORY REPEATS

"Ι haven't eaten such good food ever since we were in the Glade." He said stuffing his mouth with food and I raised my eyebrows.

"Meaning?" I asked referred to the unknown word.

"Oh, it's like the heart of our Maze." The blonde explained.

"You mean the Spring." I corrected and he nodded.

"Whatever."

I picked a piece of my mashed potatoes, with my fork and I ate it without hesitation, as my new friend was starving to death, I couldn't leave the only food we had untouched, when there are people out there dying. I should be grateful for what I have, what Vince gave to us. I took a look at the boy, who was still eating silently and as politely as he could.

"What's your name?" I asked, taking a bite of my steak.

"The name is Newt." He replied tending his clean hand towards me.

"I'm Hermione." I introduced myself and I wrapped it, gently, shaking it.
"Nice to meet you, Newt." The calling of his name, seemed familiar. Like a I had been knowing him for years. Mixed feelings swamped my body and brain. The only thing I did was just giggle nervously.

I wanted to slap myself, in addition to stop all those strange feelings that happend to me, for only a few minutes, but the only thing I did is stand and holding his hand. I quickly pushed away and he let out an awkward smirk. When I realized that I had been red like a tomato, all this time, I sipped a little of my glass of water and I let it back, near my plate.

When we finished our dinner, we dropped the filthy plates with the dozens other dishes on the kitchen's sink. I feel bad for the person who is going to wash those.

I put on me, my brown coat and I stuffed my hands into the pockets, as the cold became freezing bittersweet, with the wind hissing into my ears. I start walking away from Newt who chased my steps. I waved at Sonya, as a sign that we're fine.

"Do you mind, if I accompany you?" He hesitantly asked and I turned my head over my shoulder.

"No, I guess you can." I answered and he excited walked alongside my figure.

None, had ever asked me if I wanted company. That's the reason why, I was mostly the loner of the Spring, because I consider myself as an introvert, I usually don't make long conversations or trusting my secrets, easily. Except Sonya and Harriet, they are my best friends and I feel that I can trust them with anything.

We climbed on the short mountain, in the view of the camp and I sat on a huge rock. They looked so happy, all of them, the Newbies and the old ones, chatting and laughing. I didn't want those moments to end. But every good memory stops suddenly, right?

That Newt guy sat in front of a rock of me, for no reason I smiled at him and he returned it.

"So, did you have had any jobs in the Spring? I mean the Glade."

"Yes, I was the second-in-command." He said looking down at the small soft-coloured stones, on the ground.

"Isn't it difficult to be one of those who have to take care of everyone?" I asked in awe.

"It is. One day Alby, our leader, got stung and I had to be the first-in-command for one bloody week." He replied with the thick accent, exposing his British nationality.

"So you were in charge for a while, what did you do?"

"Well, I think I made quite nice decisions" he paused in pride. "I elected Tommy as a Runner and I still can remember Gally's reaction." He grinned,

"Wow, really?" I mumbled supposedly amused and Newt shook his head.

"What was your job in the Maze?" He asked, thirsty for information.

"Um... I was the Keeper of the Runners..." I replied and his jaw dropped.

"So, you were the Minho of your Maze."

"The Min-who?" He let out a laugh and I seemed more likely a lost puppy, hey, there was too many strange words and new names, how was I supposed to look like? He opened his mouth ready to explain me but a big 'boom' cut him off.

"LOOK OUT!" He yelled, shoving me on the ground and a huge explosion followed. The fire covered the sky and I panicked, got back on my heels and start running to find the girls and some weapons.

"HERMIONE! WAIT!" I hear Newt's muffled voice over the screams and shrieks of the people, who were trying to hide from the gunfires.

"I HAVE TO FIND THE GIRLS! GET YOURSELF A GUN!" I shouted, almost sliding the slope.

I stumbled, falling back, with my knees on the top of my mouth now.

My biggest nightmare, came true. W.I.C.K.E.D has somehow found The Right Arm.

- ❁ -