01; FRIEND FROM THE PAST

The sun reys woke me up, by violating the orange fabric of my tent. I slowly open my eyes, trying to get used to the morning light. Suddenly I feel two figures surround me. They seemed tired, they did it for real; they stayed up to take care of me all night.

"Rise and shine, sleeping ugly." She exclaimed and I rubbed my eyes.

"Shut up Harriet." I replied, tiredly, with my voice hoarse from the deep sleep.

I layed a few minutes on my makeshift bed, while the girl was still in front of me with her eyebrows raised. Sonya stretched her back, letting out a groan of fatigue.

"Are you going to get up, or will we miss the breakfast?" She said slapping playfully my knee.

"Okay! Okay! Don't hurt, love only!" I said sarcastically, referred to my just abused knee.

"C'mon, lazy-ass!" Sonya told me and she gave me her hand and we got out of the tent.

I slipped into my combat boots and I fingerbrushed my hair. I wanted to go to the bathrooms, in addition to braid a bun or a ponytail, but never make a hungry Harriet wait.

After we finished our breakfast, I finally could go to the restroom and make up myself. I took my hair brush from my tent and some everyday clothes so I could change. I opened the wooden door and I silently turned on the lever, after letting my clothes on the sink. I drowned my palms into the cold water, freshing up my face. The frost felt very nice, 'hitting' my tired, mud and dust covered face. A lot of drops, fell on my blue sweatshirt and I licked my dry lips. Then I finally, took off my worn clothes and I stared a little on the filthy-broken mirror, myself. A young lady, around sixteen or fifteen years old, yeah I don't even know my own age, with ocean green eyes, fair skin and dark brown hair. I nodded at my image and I quickly put on my clothes. When I brushed my almost tight-curled hair, I walked out with the bunch of clothes in my arms.

I left my stuff back in my tent and cautiously zipped it. The girls were waiting on the tables with Vince and Mary.

"Wow, you look pretty, stick." Sonya said and I smiled at her. "Just on time to go change too."

"Go as long as it's free!" I advised her playfully and she got out of the table almost running.

A few minutes passed in silence, when Vince managed to announce us the big happening.

"When Sonya returns and all of you get ready, you have a mission." He paused and I narrowed my eyes "The boys saw, an old car with people approaching to the camp. All you have to do is kill them or investigate their porposes before they do any harm."

"Yes sir." The brunette said with appetite for adventure.

I shook my head positively and he walked away. Now I had to wait for Sonya and Harriet to get ready.

I rubbed my fingers and I opened my mouth to say something, but a cracking door sound cut me off.

//

"Ready Mione?" Sonya asked and we pulled our half-face masks on.

"I was born ready." I replied, now holding my gun.

"Take place and shoot!" A guy named Josh ordered from the other side of the mountains.

I crossed my finger inside the trigger hole and I pointed at the car on the destroyed road. With the first shoots, they got out of the car like mice. We continued shooting and they were screaming things at each other, like: "Where the hell did those shoots came from?!"

Then, I caught a brunette boy, who was holding an atomic makeshift bomb. Harriet decided to cut them off before throwing it.

"Drop it!" She ordered and we got down the mountains closely down their car. " Drop the weapon!"

"Put your hands in the air and get on your feet!" I ordered.

"All of you!" Sonya screamed.

"Come forward." Harriet said and they made some coward steps towards us.

"Closer! I said closer!"

We pointed our guns at them and a familiar face, caught my attention and I lifted my eyebrows staring at the guy.

"Aris?" I finally asked.

"Wait... Aris?" Harriet asked too and we took off our red bandannas.

"Harriet!? Hermione!? Sonya..?!" He exclaimed in relief looking at us from heads-to-toes and we jumped on him, hugging our lost friend.

"We could have shot you dumpass!" The brown girl said, cleching him.

"You know these shanks?" An Asian guy asked and I rolled my eyes.

"We were in the same Maze..." Aris replied.

- ❁ -